Open Factorio Server Manager

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
majormjr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by majormjr »

Open Factorio Server Manager is a tool to help create and manage a multiplayer Factorio server. It allows the management of a multiplayer server through a Web UI and provides tools to help manage installed mods, server configuration and many other features.

Features
  • Allows control of the Factorio Server, starting and stopping the Factorio binary.
  • Allows the management of save files, upload, download and delete saves.
  • Manage installed mods, upload new ones and more
  • Manage modpacks, so it is easier to play with different configurations
  • Allow viewing of the server logs and current configuration.
  • Authentication for protecting against unauthorized users
  • Available as a Docker container

The latest release of 0.9.0 adds a new UI and many improvements and bugfixes. Checkout the wiki for installation instructions, the manager can be run via Docker or directly from the release bundle.

memyselfandfactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Open Factorio Server Manager

Post by memyselfandfactorio »

really love this frontend. Easy to use (once you get it setup..) I´m running it in a docker container. You have to watch out on boot up, the admin user password is RANDOMLY generated, and is displayed in the logs - or like in my case the admin password was left at "factorio" and after a update, I wasn´t able to logon anymore. Help was fast and forthcoming on github! Thanks for that quick response!

Screenshots for those who don´t know what this actually does:

main:
factorio-01.PNG
factorio-01.PNG (86.43 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
factorio-01.PNG
factorio-01.PNG (86.43 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
factorio-04.PNG
factorio-04.PNG (211.26 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
what I really like, is how easy it is to get mods up and running - upload a save game, and extract the mods from there. ( you do have insert your api key / user/pw in the server settings..) and it downloads them directly. No more guess work of what mod is in what save game :D

Keep up the great work!
Attachments
factorio-03.PNG
factorio-03.PNG (136.76 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
factorio-02.PNG
factorio-02.PNG (145.13 KiB) Viewed 8349 times

majormjr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by majormjr »

Open Factorio Server Manager 0.10.0

This release moves to a new sqlite3 backend and adds support for 1.14.0 save files along with many small improvements.

Added
  • Config files can be defined with absolute paths. - Thanks to @FoxAmes
  • Support for >= 1.1.14 factorio saves - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Setting in info.json to allow usage without ssl/tls - Thanks to @knoxfighter
Changed
  • Rework of the authentication, to have a bit more security. - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Changed from leveldb to sqlite3 as backend database. - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • generate new random passwords, if no exist, or if they are "factorio". - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Use "OpenFactorioServerManager" instead of "mroote" as go package name. - Thanks to @mroote
  • Disable mods-page, while server is running - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Renamed GO-package from mroote to OpenFactorioServerManager to match git repo - Thanks to @mroote
Fixed
  • old factorio versions depended by mods always shown as compatible - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Crosscompilation with mingw-w64 on linux. (Broke with sqlite3) - Thanks to @knoxfighter
  • Crash on async writing to websocket room array. - Thanks to @knoxfighter

Claw22000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Claw22000 »

Hello,

I tend to choose to use server managers when I setup my servers. I love that you have made this! I just can't seem to get logged in though. Most of the time the first time you connect to one it walks through user and password creation. I have done quite a bit of reading on this and it seems you need to see the password as its being created. the issue with the docker is you can't see that while its being created. there are no logs to pull it from either. Wasn't sure what else to do since I didn't want to post it as an issue as its clearly user error. Might be best to add something to the wiki on the getting started or possible usage sections for the first time use.

Thanks again for making a cool creation like this. Please help

DrClaw

Claw22000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Claw22000 »

I was able to get help on github. To assist someone searching here was the solution.

It is only printed once, when a new password is generated (when the container is created or you have deleted the sqlite.db file). Docker is printing the log, when you are attached. If you have missed the output, or want to show it again, use docker logs or docker compose logs to view previous output.

See docker documentation for further info: https://docs.docker.com/config/containers/logging/

The option to configure the password in the conf.json file was removed a while ago.

Drykill
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drykill »

Hello!

Is it possible to assign more RAM to the Server Manager? Or does he grab what he can get?
With a bigger map my Server starts lagging. Unraid Docker.
Or just upgrade the available RAM in the Server ?

dk

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

Drykill wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Hello!

Is it possible to assign more RAM to the Server Manager? Or does he grab what he can get?
With a bigger map my Server starts lagging. Unraid Docker.
Or just upgrade the available RAM in the Server ?

dk
We don't anything about the RAM of the factorio server. That resource is fully managed by factorio and the host (Unraid).

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”