(WIP) Mod-Editor/Builder

Tools which are useful for mod development.
YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

(WIP) Mod-Editor/Builder

Post by YuokiTani »

i'am annoyed handle all these *.lua and *.cfg file for my mod in a text-editor. Also i get asked where my techtree is etc.
And because i can't remember all item-names, forgot item-descriptions, plan a proper tech-tree - i wanted for a long time a mod-editor/builder but nobody post one here ... so i need to code it by myself (also because factorio 0.12 delays) ...

for now i have only this video, but it shows the UI and how it works. The Export-Tab will later build your/my mod complete with all f* ... required files and methods inside. (it don't touch control.lua so is still a text-editor needed)
i think it will help me balance things, show missing icons, solve recipes-problems and make modding a lot easier. so you/i can concentrate on other things as copy & paste or search spelling mistake.

video-commentary is only german ... sorry

download comes after i finish technolgy-code (i think end of week).
and it's not intend to use on a internet-website but will work.

edit: 03.Apr.2016 - removed links because its outdated, newer and latest version still missing the suggested template system, and i think no one tried or used this
X
and if you can't sleep can you watch this -> 1.5h with fMT and Notespad (at the end the exported mod works)
Last edited by YuokiTani on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: (WIP) Mod-Editor/Builder

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Wow, this is good. I cant wait to see what comes of this.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

that is realy cool! i maked only a small WIP mod, but i think this help :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Tardan wrote:that is realy cool! i maked only a small WIP mod, but i think this help :)
I hope ;)

I aim for release this weekend of course in a WIP-state. I think i can't add all vanilla stuff in time, but my mods will included.

To prepare yourself or if you still waiting for factorio 0.12 you can watch (in terrible english)

Video: Installation Guide
Video: P2 - Fluids, Recipes and Export prototypes + locale/en/*.cfg

i will provide a check-list (or video) what you need to do, after exporting all the files ... you still need some hand-work but only a few steps.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

it's fairly stable because PHP can't instable.
most problems you can have comes from putting wrong numbers in the input-fields - there is currently no check if your input makes sense or not.
it's good to read some of modding-guides in the forum or wiki before you write your own mod, and perhaps view the installation-video.

this program (fMT) helps with
- create ingame recipes-tabs, organize your mod-items
- makeing items and recipes and generate the needed lua-code for factorio
- never forget again the *.cfg descriptions and names
- (technology-tree is on ToDo)
- at minimum it provides a full list of factorio basic-items with the correct names (all type!='item' excluded)

this fMT can not atm
- make coffee
- generate entitys, ammo, etc. all stuff that have special conditions
- create incredible lua-code in the control.lua to make your mod the best mod
- import other mods

i'am sure i forget the most important ...

downloads moved to top ...

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

YuokiTani wrote: edit: 03.Apr.2016 - removed links because its outdated, newer and latest version still missing the suggested template system, and i think no one tried or used this
Ah shit I found this one month too late, any plan on adding it again soon? I'm mainly interested in seing how you export the prototype from the game.

If you can't send me the code by PM, that would be really nice :)

Thanks!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

devilwarriors wrote:
YuokiTani wrote: edit: 03.Apr.2016 - removed links because its outdated, newer and latest version still missing the suggested template system, and i think no one tried or used this
Ah shit I found this one month too late, any plan on adding it again soon? I'm mainly interested in seing how you export the prototype from the game.
If you can't send me the code by PM, that would be really nice :)
Thanks!
i still use this :) - but no entity-prototypes are generated. for this was a template-system intended (suggestion from a player) - so someone can write the template, the mod-editor can fill the template (and generate GUI for input) or request needed things/values and generates the prototypes. all other prototypes atm hard-coded because they are simply and give the generated files a better structure. (you can look into my mods yuoki/yi_engines, some files are automated builds)

i have never give up the basic idea, but no time to continue and most modders use notepad++. But for testing, i want to create a locomotive/cargo-wagon builder to test the concept. So you need only to choose a gfx, adding some values (inventory, weight, max.speed etc), click generate and have a fully functional railroad-addon. but if the developer want more mods they would give you the tools ;)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

new version uploaded !

i have used this version to generate quickly all files that needed the "icon_size" tag in 0.16 versions.

* file contains base and example sql-data
* still no entity-support
* research-generation not tested/used since 2016
but new generated files compatible with factorio 0.16.20+

View the Youtube Video for instructions and file-structures.
Attachments
modder_sql_2180220.zip
(40.33 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
modder_20180220.zip
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 428 times

NeXuS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NeXuS »

Wow, that looks good. I will test it soon for a bigger Mod I'm currently working in. Thanks a Lot.

Return to “Development tools”