[outdated?]Item requirements for belts with modular productn

Outdated stuff. Maybe someone can learn from it.
MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[outdated?]Item requirements for belts with modular productn

Post by MtNak »

Hi :)

Having been heavily inspired on Daeron's spreadsheet of science packs T1-3 requirements:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =18&t=4398
And that i like to do very modular bases, where each resource is done in a place and then moved to where it needs to (this way you can expand the production of an item whenever and however you want)- Also liking to make every item in the game automaticaly, i made this spreadsheet where you can easily see how much items in the whole game will need the one you are automating right now, so you then don't mess up with space or confusion and mismanagement of belts.

This is just a taste of it:

You can access it here

I would love some feedback.
I'm really bad with desing. Colors, format, etc. it is not my thing. So i'm sorry if it doesn't look good.
Yes, i could add a lot of things. But for the use i have, this is exactly what i needed, so i opened it to everyone. If you want to make anything better, you can. If you want to add anything useful to others, go for it.
I only ask that if you change or add something, don't take away the functionality that it currently has.

Sorry for my broken english, i'm still learning it.

Edit: Wrong link :P
Edit2: Changed title
Last edited by MtNak on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Spreadsheet of items requirements

Post by Robbedem »

Why not put the required number instead of an x ? That way you put more information on the same amount of space.

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

In my case i need an X. Putting a number instead of an X (other than 1) would give a result that i don't need. This was made especifically to know how many paths the belts will have to make once they leave the production of an item.

But it can be added though, maybe next to the x or in some way that i would still get the same result and elsewhere the sum of those numbers.

DarkenDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkenDragon »

In all honesty, this seems like the wrong approach. Theres too much empty space between cells to justify the use of a spreedsheet. The information here is a bit useless because what use is to know how many items are used to make what. Each one requires different amounts and they are produced at different rates. Its not like you can say oh 30 items need circuits so ill make 30 circuit factories. No you'll need much less because of the rate each item makes their product.

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

It is useful if you make modular productions for each item, like me ;). Just shared it as maybe someone else does the same.

Edit: Changed the title to a more descriptive one, sorry.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Item requirements for belts with modular production

Post by ssilk »

In my opinion this "x" is, what makes the spreadsheet useful. It is a help for beginners, which have no glue, what needs to be connected with what.

In my eyes this is a bit too much information now, but still useful.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robbedem »

Excel/calc can easily make a distiction between empty and not empty cells. Putting a number instead of X won't make any difference for calculations you want to make. ;) You might not be interested in the information now, but when you figured out the best order to place your belts to minimise crossings, you'l find out that you need to know the amounts needed.

I started this excel sheet for myself (ignore the layout part, that was a try, but it didn't work)
(hmm, not allowed to add an ods file...)

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

That's very useful Robbedem :)
I didn't know you can do that. I'm very new to this programs and don't know how to do almost anything yet, that's why i left it open, because i know that people can do a lot a better things than i can at the moment.
When i'm back home in a few days and figure out how to do that, i will give it a try. I don't need it at all, so no promises :P

ShivaFang
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShivaFang »

MtNak wrote:Hi :)
Sorry for my broken english, i'm still learning it.
Honestly, if you hadn't said this I wouldn't have known English wasn't your first language. (Even native speakers don't always use it correctly) Actually most of the time when I see something like this in a post, it's usually not needed :D

Return to “Archive”