[Request] Updated Textures for Old (0.14) Versions

The place to share your custom game graphics.
markimoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Request] Updated Textures for Old (0.14) Versions

Post by markimoop »

Hello, really sorry if I am doing this wrong, I just joined the forums after discovering the glory that is Factorio, but I am currently stuck on version 0.14 because of my 32-bit potato. Which is why I am wondering if anyone has the updated textures for an older version of the game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but If anyone has it, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Request] Updated Textures for Old (0.14) Versions

Post by planetmaker »

If own any version of factorio you are eligible to update it. Make a copy of your current version. Upgrade. Make a copy of the textures. Downgrade your game again. Profit.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I fear 0.14 can't handle the new mipmaps and hr graphics as they didn't exist then.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Yeah, I'm not sure if solely copying the new textures would be enough.

Just to check, what is your processor?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

markimoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by markimoop »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:33 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure if solely copying the new textures would be enough.

Just to check, what is your processor?
Intel Atom, i dont know the specifics but I really am sure its 32-bit.
Really sad how I'm stuck with the version prior to belt and pipe/fluid optimizations, seeing how crummy my lappy already is :cry:
steinio wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:41 pm
I fear 0.14 can't handle the new mipmaps and hr graphics as they didn't exist then.
Would downscaling them not work? Sorry if im not catching on...

markimoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by markimoop »

planetmaker wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:11 pm
If own any version of factorio you are eligible to update it. Make a copy of your current version. Upgrade. Make a copy of the textures. Downgrade your game again. Profit.
I can't update since I am still running on a 32-bit processor, and 0.14 is the last version that supports the architecture :cry:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

markimoop wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:26 pm
steinio wrote:
The game engine has changed since 2016 - a lot. The prototypes that define the entities in the game have changed. The size of sprites, their positions in relation to the tile grid and the way things are layered has changed in many cases. It would not be enough just to copy a bunch of graphics from one place to another. You might be able to back-port some of the new artwork but it would require a few hours of comparing several thousand lines of code in both versions and adjusting where necessary. Not even remotely worth it.

markimoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by markimoop »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:30 pm
markimoop wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:26 pm
steinio wrote:
The game engine has changed since 2016 - a lot. The prototypes that define the entities in the game have changed. The size of sprites, their positions in relation to the tile grid and the way things are layered has changed in many cases. It would not be enough just to copy a bunch of graphics from one place to another. You might be able to back-port some of the new artwork but it would require a few hours of comparing several thousand lines of code in both versions and adjusting where necessary. Not even remotely worth it.
I think I understand what you mean but just to make sure, its not just the textures that were changed, also how they were rendered onto the screen?

Return to “Texture Packs”