Spidertrons need to be damaged by explosions

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Spidertrons need to be damaged by explosions

Post by Hannu »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:59 pm
Have you considered a tileable expanding wall blueprint? You just place wall/artillery modules one after another to expand and can remove it when you are done.
I have tried it. It works, but spidertron is more interesting way to do it. When I am at that phase in my game that I conquer my main area, I have to have most of it cleared before I can begin to build endgame factories. I like to have them all around my area like naturally developed cities in country instead of logistically most efficient but unnatural looking positions near each other. Therefore I do not benefit much from option to make conquering at background (except of course I can let game run at background and make other things with computer)

zig158
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zig158 »

I do find it odd that the Spidertron is exempt for things that damage the other vehicles. I was actually surprised that I could not use c to force fire at a friend of mine in a co-op game. (I typically didn't use rocket launchers before having access to atomic bombs so maybe C does not work with it.) We often do this to each other when killing biters with tanks because lobbing cannon rounds at each other is good fun until someone's tank inventory blows up. The little things like being able to fill your friends inventory with trees is part of what makes Factorio a great co-op experience.

My point is that as a player it was unexpected behavior that the spidertron is exempt from a bunch of attacks. Hopefully a way can be found to make it behave more like what players have come to expect from using other vehicles without nerfing it too much.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

You know, I honestly thought they were damaged by friendly fire rockets, given how much damage my spidertrons take when they swarm up and deathblossom :v

Return to “Balancing”