Boilers "Output Full"

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mikkelhess
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Boilers "Output Full"

Post by mikkelhess »

Hello i started playing factorio today and it's super addicting so far even though it requires a lot more brainpower than the usual games i play.

Anyway I have this issue with my boilers saying "output full". it's probably something super simple i'm overlooking but i don't rly understand what i need to change to get the electricity flowing again.

I have attatched 2 images of my setup
Attachments
factorio2.png
factorio2.png (71.33 KiB) Viewed 13503 times
factorio.png
factorio.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 13503 times

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Boilers "Output Full"

Post by bormand »

It's ok, it will start working again when you start to consume more electricity.

P.S. Also, one boiler is enough to supply two steam engines.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Boilers "Output Full"

Post by starlinvf »

Steam based power (engines and turbines) only consumes steam when generating electricity. If the power grid they're connected to has no demand, then it won't produce power. if you drop an inserter next to one of the power poles, you'll see the engine start running (slowly) due to the idle power cost of the inserter.

Also, from point of practical optimization, 1 Pump can feed bunch of Boilers, and each Boiler can supply steam to 2 Engines. Engines have a Max power output (and thus a max consumption rate), so connecting 2 boilers to just one Engine doesn't make it work better. And it eats up valuable land space in the process.

Return to “Gameplay Help”