[1.1.25] Assembling machine "item ingredient shortage" & Inserter "waiting for space in destination""

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ppoublan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.25] Assembling machine "item ingredient shortage" & Inserter "waiting for space in destination""

Post by ppoublan »

Hi all,
Found that I have some assembling machine stop working.
Seen it with production science pack, and sometimes with military science pack.
When i build the machines, they start working, and stop after some time (it can be few minutes or hours).
If i look at why they stopped, assembling machine says "item ingredient shortage", even if there are resources in requester storage, and inserter says "out of space in destination", even if very few items are in the assembling machine.
If i delete and rebuild machines, it start again, and stop again after some time.

Here are some screenshots. 2 identical machines, one has stopped (the one on the right) and the other (on the left) is working :
assembling machines.PNG
assembling machines.PNG (491.93 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
item shortage.PNG
item shortage.PNG (494.55 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
waiting for space.PNG
waiting for space.PNG (356.2 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
requester chest.PNG
requester chest.PNG (353.09 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
I tried to limit inserter stack size to 1, it works longer, but also finished to stop loading.

the log file is attached.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
Pascal
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

ppoublan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.25] Assembling machine "item ingredient shortage" & Inserter "waiting for space in destination""

Post by ppoublan »

Hi,
Could you explain what should i do or change ? How can i see damaged iems ?
thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.25] Assembling machine "item ingredient shortage" & Inserter "waiting for space in destination""

Post by Loewchen »

They have a bar under the icon just like repair packs. You can prevent the issue by not returning damaged items into the logistics network so they will not end up in requester chests.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

How do you prevent damaged items from returning to the logistics network? Is there a way to tell your trash slots to only accept full-health items?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

DaleStan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:05 pm
How do you prevent damaged items from returning to the logistics network? Is there a way to tell your trash slots to only accept full-health items?
There is no automatic way, but items don't get damaged themselves, they get damaged as entities, so if you repair all entities before deconstructing them or only remove them manually or with personal bots the issue will not arise.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Just make sure that all your bot networks have access to Repair Packs, they should generally keep infrastructure in good repair and avoid that problem when you later on go and dismantle things.

ppoublan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ppoublan »

Thanks a lot for all the replies. it solved my issue. I put all my rails on ground and let them be repaired by bots.

Return to “Gameplay Help”