Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

heloo22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by heloo22 »

hello, quick question
Since Angel Industries components are in beta and tech overhoul is in alpha stages, IS IT PLAYABLE THOUGH?
Is it safe to start playthrough with these 2 options enabled?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

heloo22 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 am
hello, quick question
Since Angel Industries components are in beta and tech overhoul is in alpha stages, IS IT PLAYABLE THOUGH?
Yes it is playable. But you might have to refactor your base when there are updates to recipes.
Furthermore, mod compatibility might be an issue. Currently, you can use Bob's mods alongside tech overhaul, but any other mod compatibility is coincidental.

If you decide to start a playthrough with tech overhaul, please report any issues in the forums – be it with angel's mods alone, with angel+bob, or some other mod incompatibility.

heloo22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by heloo22 »

will do

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

heloo22 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 am
hello, quick question
Yes, it is very playable.

I played it in 018 (or some older version, I don't remember) and now.

There are no major issues yet and everything works, but many things might need a balancing pass.

But be warned: with everything on and with bob's, compared to normal Angel's + bob's, things get really intense :).

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

Found a problem with Bob Ores (maybe you know about it already). I started playing with full suit of Angel and Bob and coal started giving diamonds. While ratio was 100:1 it was in fact giving it 1:1 in the box. And there was no way to disable it,
I had to deactivate all your mods, uncehk setting for gems in ores in Bob and then activate your mods again.
That was probably because at some point in the past (like 0.14 version...) i played with Bob only and had diamonds from coal active, and that setting was active in settings.dat all this time. Maybe add check to deactivate gems from ores if Bob active?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Zyrconia wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Zyrconia wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:32 pm
Is there anything that accepts productivity modules with Angel's components and revamp turned on? So far I didn't find anything...
To answer my question, yes, plenty of stuff.

I was looking at vanilla modules which do not work, but Bob's productivity modules work fine.
Acoording to this file, the modules should work on any component listed there... And that means, also for the vanilla modules?
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Looking for processes in angel mselting and angel pertochem
Sodium in angel mods means NaO or pure Na which which should be instantly oxidized on air to Na2O?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

I'm currently in a pure Angel playthrough, so far I can make sense of things, except silver. You need it for orange chips, and even more badly when you go to blue. But there's no good way to sort for it. All other metals introduce pure sorting recipes in the tier you need them in, but silver just doesn't. Currently (after just having made the switch to blue science) I just try to unlock the pure silver sorting recipe, but my whole science (which has always been slow) is now grinding to a halt because the blue science drains the little silver I generate by crotinium chunk washing. Meanwhile I'm constantly expanding my iron storage, which means the (orange tier) recipe for silver from jivolite crystals doesn't really help me much. I also do crystalizing, but getting enough silver from that drains my sludge tanks too fast to be sustainable. At this rate it will be more than an hour or more till I can finally move on.

By the way, this is the first time I'm really using bio processing, and while I really cursed you for how long it takes to generate enough plant life samples to unlock this tree (and I spent a lot of time exploring the map, too, but at some point everything is just to full of biter nests), I think all in all it's actually a good bit easier than going the petrochem route (I didn't refine a single drop of crude oil so far).

Oh, by the way, is it by design that you can use agricultural modules in science labs and miners? I don't have them yet, but that's something I'm very much looking forward to.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

TRauMa wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm
II also do crystalizing, but getting enough silver from that drains my sludge tanks too fast to be sustainable. At this rate it will be more than an hour or more till I can finally move on.
You could do sludge from dirty electrolysis, which yields slag? :)

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:07 am
TRauMa wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm
II also do crystalizing, but getting enough silver from that drains my sludge tanks too fast to be sustainable. At this rate it will be more than an hour or more till I can finally move on.
You could do sludge from dirty electrolysis, which yield tos slag? :)
Well, and mine crystal dust, yes. I was just wondering if this is a design choice or an oversight. After last night I'm finally one step away from the direct sorting (it took long because I underestimated how drastic the resource requirements explode when unlocking the science categories and the second labs at these tiers, had to build a lot of assemblers for red science to catch up, it's a bit weird that you need a pyramid just for these steps while regular science is linear).

Let's see if I need to take my crawler truck for one final trip into the wilderness to make a new crotinium mine first. It was a great tool that made rail building at least bearable, but I'm very much looking forward to transitioning to personal roboports.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new release is live! Check out the full changelog on github, or ingame for every mod by itself.

We take bug reports in the usual places: Wherever you report a bug, valneq is so kind to compile them all together in one place (on github).

What now? You can play this new release, and for the devs, we agreed that (aside from bugfixes), the next release should focus at least on balancing exploration a bit. How far we'll dive into developing this mod is not known at this point, but we will give it some love. Any ideas are always welcome in this thread as per usual.

At last I want to note that we may not reply as often here on the forums, but keep in mind that we do read every single message! Feel free to message us on discord for a chat or for help. The kind community (here and on discord) are always open for a chat and to help!

Kind regards,
The angel's dev team

EDIT 31st of May 2021: A patch with bugfixes is released. Check out the full changelog on github, or ingame for every mod by itself.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

For the developing (and testing) of a certain feature for angels exploration I am in need of a map which contains a decently defended base, mainly looking for a walled of section, which has alien artifacts (from bobs mods) laying on the floor due to the biters being killed. Having a section of the wall which is getting regular attacks from biter groups is a plus but not required. Please upload a save file (here or elsewhere) if you can help out. Thanks in advance.

An extreme example of what I am looking for is shown below (picture taken from 51731):

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

I have launced a couple of rockets with pure Angels with all the overhauls enabled.
So I have some balance input. Only stuff that is to harsh, it's easiest to spot.
1. Construction robots is painfully slow early game. You need at least blue science to make them usefull and that needs a big and complex factory. It's just to painfull to hand place everything up to that point. It's fun to have to build belt spagethi instead of using logistic bots for automating stuff but it shouldn't be to annoying to build it.
2. The recipes for an positive Alien plant sample cycle was removed. It's to much to explore and find enough gardens to make all the Alien plant sample for research, building farms and agriculture modules. It's OK to need to find some stuff on the map to kick off stuff. Not to have to continue and find so many is not fun.
3. It's to hard/slow to make fusion fuel for building the rocket. You need two fusion fuel cells for one rocket. There i 13% chance to get 1muon catalyst from 10 burned out Thorium fuel cells. So you need almost burn 200 Thorium fuel cells at 50GJ and burn a similar amount of MOX fuel to be able to make the Thorium fuel. That ends up to produce many times more power than the factory need even with lots of speed modules making it les power efficient. And that also make fusion power totaly needles. I now have 40 nuclar reactors burn Thorium fuel and 40 nuclear reacotors burning MOX fuel cells creating many times more power than I need. And it still takes forever to launch a rocket.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

A few patches are sitting on dev for the upcoming release (much lower energy value of thorium cells), including a prototype reactor in the works which is good at burning things (but bad for making power, only active without bobs)...
The "early bots" are slow, but are still a pressure relief, especially when paired with the crawler vehicle.
The alien plant sample cycle is very much in existence, but was changed from pure chance to a more "resultant" state to reduce the RNG. You should only need about 5 or 6 gardens to get everything going unless you have a very-high research multiplier.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Simple question: I don't see "brass sheet coil" / rolls. Is that intentional or did something I have remove them? Background: I'm doing Sea Block. Core mods, not the 'whole pack', and some cheater mods, but I wouldn't expect the other mods to remove such a recipe.

Edit: someone told me that's "how it is" and linked me to Angel's Smelting Extended. ty for your time
I have mods! I guess!
Link

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Honktown wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:27 am
Simple question: I don't see "brass sheet coil" / rolls. Is that intentional or did something I have remove them? Background: I'm doing Sea Block. Core mods, not the 'whole pack', and some cheater mods, but I wouldn't expect the other mods to remove such a recipe.

Edit: someone told me that's "how it is" and linked me to Angel's Smelting Extended. ty for your time
Indeed! Brass is one of the alloys added by Bob's mods, while Angel's mods use pure metals and introduce the coils. There might come tighter integration of Bob's alloys (bronze, brass, invar, cobalt-steel, nitinol) or some other form of compatibility adjustment in the future, but for the moment, that's how it is.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Did the latest release change chunk sorting output?

All my aluminium/silver/gold lines are now messed up...

Cobalt too!

In fact several ores have been moved to Orange science...

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new update is released. You can view the complete changelog on github or ingame for each mod separate.
Be aware, this update contains breaking changes!
We have compatibility for existing bases (as usual), but be prepared to rebuild your ore sorting facilities since most of the chunk and crystal refining recipes changed. The details about the changes can be viewed in this (github) post (or read the whole post if you're curious about our thinking process).
Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Cobalt too!

Yes it did, see above. Pez did release early today, and I had to go to work, such that I didn't have time to mention this on the forums. It is mentioned in the changelog of angels refining.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:52 pm
The new update is released. You can view the complete changelog on github or ingame for each mod separate.
Be aware, this update contains breaking changes!
We have compatibility for existing bases (as usual), but be prepared to rebuild your ore sorting facilities since most of the chunk and crystal refining recipes changed. The details about the changes can be viewed in this (github) post (or read the whole post if you're curious about our thinking process).
Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Cobalt too!

Yes it did, see above. Pez did release early today, and I had to go to work, such that I didn't have time to mention this on the forums. It is mentioned in the changelog of angels refining.
good day questions - SE mod compatible date?

Daniel_Morgret
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Daniel_Morgret »

Angel,
I love your mod, but this change (0.12.0) made it significantly more difficult to get rid of excess nickel by making it harder to get cobalt.

Return to “Angels Mods”