Addon mod for deadlock stacking/crating - alpha version

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Addon mod for deadlock stacking/crating - alpha version

Post by orzelek »

I've prepared alpha version of mod that adds stacking/crating support for bobs/angels and madclown extension.
I'll post it here for now - not sure if I should go with it to mod portal for now.

It only contains ores and plates currently - I didn't do a big playthrough with alll the mods yet so I'm not sure what other items could use stacking.
Mod will work with only bob's set but stacked icons are made from updates angel's smelting icons so they won't match.

Let me know what other items could use stacking or if something is wrong. Mod assumes that all the mods in set are present - I'm not sure how it will behave without all of them.
Attachments
stacking-addon_0.0.3.zip
(206.41 KiB) Downloaded 649 times

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Addon mod for deadlock stacking/crating - alpha version

Post by DaveSh99 »

Thanks,

I've got it now in my currently Bob's play-through. Will see how things go.

d.

Dreadlord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dreadlord »

I see no problem with stacked item generation or in game usage. But this addon lacks exposure to those who may interested in it, maybe you should upload it to mod portal.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I was thinking about that but when it came to giving it a proper and descriptive name I failed.
Also mod itself is made in very simple way and most likely incomplete in terms of items.

Any ideas about nice, short and descriptive name?
(I could go with something long but it makes all the yellow texts with mod names really long etc)

Lack of notifications on mod portal is also a drawback. Here I will see the new post easily.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

orzelek wrote:I was thinking about that but when it came to giving it a proper and descriptive name I failed.
Also mod itself is made in very simple way and most likely incomplete in terms of items.

(I could go with something long but it makes all the yellow texts with mod names really long etc)

Lack of notifications on mod portal is also a drawback. Here I will see the new post easily.
Angel-Bob Stacking
Angel-Bob Beltboxes
AngelBob-DSB
AB2DSB
ABS

Agreed mod portal is poor re: notifications and no moderation in discussions (or even the ability to turn them off). But it's fab as a player for auto-updating.

Dreadlord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dreadlord »

orzelek wrote:I was thinking about that but when it came to giving it a proper and descriptive name I failed.

I'd go with Angel-Bob Stacking & Crating, really don't know shorten the name further without being cryptic. I'm currently getting close to blue science in Bob's and can confirm there are no problems with most of the early ores or plates. I'll try to give feedback as I progress through the game

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

Deadlock's latest update broke something I think. Factorio wants to disable this mod now:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: __DeadlockStacking__/prototypes/shared.lua:314: attempt to index a global 'DCM' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
- stacking-addon

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Madd_Mugsy wrote:Deadlock's latest update broke something I think.
Dang, that's my fault. Copy-paste derp. Uploading a fix shortly.

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Madd_Mugsy wrote:Deadlock's latest update broke something I think.
Dang, that's my fault. Copy-paste derp. Uploading a fix shortly.

Wow that was fast! Thanks! :D

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

Support for yuoki items would be nice ==> i was thinking about slag, both ores, both dust and both pellets (pressed dust) and pure iron and pure copper

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Unifire wrote:Support for yuoki items would be nice ==> i was thinking about slag, both ores, both dust and both pellets (pressed dust) and pure iron and pure copper
I haven't played Yuoki mods from quite some time. Are they playing along with Angel's set nicely?

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Air »

orzelek wrote:
Unifire wrote:Support for yuoki items would be nice ==> i was thinking about slag, both ores, both dust and both pellets (pressed dust) and pure iron and pure copper
I haven't played Yuoki mods from quite some time. Are they playing along with Angel's set nicely?
They can coexist. Angel's sorting has built-in support for Youki ores. There are some balance issues... To be honest it I don't see much sense to use both Bobs'n'Angels and Youki because Youki provides alternatives for most of vanilla entities. So you have two sets of belts, inserters, assemlers etc. And obviously one set is going to be better(cheaper/easier/have superior stats) than the other.

When I play them both (I do) I make a house rule that when dealing with anything Youki-related you have to go full Youki as if normal transport belts can't carry Youki ores, or inserters can't insert etc.

But.
I think what Unifire asks for is another separate mod which adds support for Youki. This way you can use one of them or both depending on which set of mods you're using.

Xagros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xagros »

Deadlock's Stacking & Crating for Bob's materials (Beta)
I also did something similar in my mod. I would like to have a conversation with you if we have something to improve. :)

More bobs!
ImageImage

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

From what I see your mod does much more based on description.
This one was meant to be minimalistic :)

Xagros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xagros »

orzelek wrote:From what I see your mod does much more based on description.
This one was meant to be minimalistic :)
Thank you for the answer. I also think my mod is a combination of many things. :oops:
I think that it is the direction of my mod to improve and unify that part in the future. :)
ImageImage

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Is it possible to check if bobs is set to it's own belt (revamp belt), and if it is, add a stacker for the tier 0 (gray) belt?

death_hawk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by death_hawk »

Am I crazy or is bronze plate not stacking?

I had a look and there's graphics and an entry for it, but in game it doesn't actually stack, nor is the icon for stacking in the first tier.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm not updating this one anymore.
I think there is a new one on mod portal that should be up to date.

Return to “Angels Mods”