Angel's Exploration (0.3.9) just ruins the early game

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Cybervantyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Angel's Exploration (0.3.9) just ruins the early game

Post by Cybervantyz »

I mean really.
Small biter has 100 health (compared to vanilla 15). That is more than 2 magazines of our first bullets - (100 health + some regen) divided by (5 damage * 10 bullets in magazine). That is 8+ iron plates. Just for ONE small biter.
With this, you have two options:
a) Silly one, when you spend 1000+ magazines to take out each average three-spawner nest, which is 4000+ iron spent on nothing, or
b) Boring one, when you are sitting in your starting location, waiting for sniper turrets (which are VERY deep in green science), prey that you will have enough saphirite and being terrified by biters.
And on top of that there is always a possibility that biters will expand right on top of your head any minute, which is guaranteed "game over" in most cases.
And desert start is not an option at all anymore, as biters will just come and eat your face in first 30 minutes or so.
That being said, there is a question - what is the point? Maybe vanilla biters were somewhat balanced so that game can be dynamic and fun?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Angel's Exploration (0.3.9) just ruins the early game

Post by ptx0 »

yeah, actually you're not the first one i've seen express this, either. i think it's also insane.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Angel's Exploration (0.3.9) just ruins the early game

Post by valneq »

Angel's Exploration is still in development (BETA), and currently most activity is actually going into the component and tech overhauls from Angel's Industries. Nonetheless, the biter balancing is on the agenda: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/381

Return to “Angels Mods”