How do i get my mod portal mods renamed?

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

How do i get my mod portal mods renamed?

Post by eradicator »

Long story short: I would like to change the internal name of three deprecated/abandoned mods before i revive them. I've tried writing a forum PM to @Sanqui and i've tried writing a mail to support@factorio.com, but so far all i got was two weeks of total silence. The search function only found one similar thread from four years ago, and with no relevant answers.

So, what do i do next?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: How do i get my mod portal mods renamed?

Post by Klonan »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:34 pm
Long story short: I would like to change the internal name of three deprecated/abandoned mods before i revive them. I've tried writing a forum PM to @Sanqui and i've tried writing a mail to support@factorio.com, but so far all i got was two weeks of total silence. The search function only found one similar thread from four years ago, and with no relevant answers.

So, what do i do next?
Sanqui is looking into it, please be patient

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Klonan wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 pm
Sanqui is looking into it, please be patient
Aha. Finally a reaction ;). Thank you. I'll be waiting then. It's not that i'm in a hurry, but after two weeks of no reaction i didn't know if anybody read the messages at all...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hi again. Sorry to sound nagging..., but I've now waited exactly 2 month since the first PM and haven't recieved any messages except for the above forum comment (yea, ok, there was christmas inbetween, so technically it's less...). How much more patient do i have to be? Is there a secret plan for a generic solution that prevents you from manually renaming? I've got the updated mods on my drive but i can't release them with the old name...

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

For potential future readers here's the conclusion: After about three-and-a-half month and half a dozen mails to @Sanqui gone unanswered, @Klonan was finally so nice and informally renamed my mods, and everything seems to be working as expected now. It probably wasn't the best idea to request this shortly before christmas, but in the end I don't really know what went wrong. Hopefully for any future readers the process will be much smoother.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”