mod portal search by author

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Nick433
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

mod portal search by author

Post by Nick433 »

This is probably a small thing that no one would use except me, but I would like an option to search by author in the ingame mod portal and the web mod portal

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mod portal search by author

Post by Koub »

If you go to https://mods.factorio.com/user/typeUserNameHere (by replacing typeUserNameHere by actual mod author), you'll get all the mods from a specific author. Is it what you're looking for ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

Not only that, but if you are looking at a mod page, and say to yourself, "Self, this is a fine mod. I wonder what else this fine Factorio player has authored?", you can just click on their name where it says "By Fine Factorio player", and voila!

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Or you can just search the mod author's name, and it will find them all: https://mods.factorio.com/query/earendel?version=1.1
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Just click on the mod authors name.

Nick433
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nick433 »

Trific wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 am
Not only that, but if you are looking at a mod page, and say to yourself, "Self, this is a fine mod. I wonder what else this fine Factorio player has authored?", you can just click on their name where it says "By Fine Factorio player", and voila!
No need to be so sarcastic about my question, I was asking because I didn't know.
Koub wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 pm
If you go to https://mods.factorio.com/user/typeUserNameHere (by replacing typeUserNameHere by actual mod author), you'll get all the mods from a specific author. Is it what you're looking for ?
Yes this was what I was asking about for the web portal, I would also like something similar in the game portal if that's possible maybe a checkbox that says search by author. Granted I dont know how Wube have their db set up and how diffucult it would be currently. But it would still be a nice feature. And maybe a bit more obvious on the web side, it kinda seems like a failure of design if a user has to ask if a feature exsits then if it does, how it works

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

Nick433 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:32 pm
Trific wrote:
No need to be so sarcastic about my question, I was asking because I didn't know.
Sorry, I was going for humor, not sarcasm.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Trific wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:37 pm
Nick433 wrote:
Trific wrote:
Sorry, I was going for humor, not sarcasm.
Just for the record: There's at least one $Self in this room who understood the humor ;).

@OP: "Click on the name" seems sufficiently easy to use for me. It works like that on basically every other platform too. Not that I'd be objected to an "advanced search" like the forum has...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nick433 wrote:
Yes this was what I was asking about for the web portal, I would also like something similar in the game portal if that's possible maybe a checkbox that says search by author.
Then I guess you don't know that the integrated mod browser's search function also searches the "Author" field. Try it, I think it should work the way you want.
But yes, in that case clicking on the author's name won't work.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”