Starter page improvements

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
WoozyDragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Starter page improvements

Post by WoozyDragon »

I was looking at the starter page (https://www.factorio.com/starter-page) and it seems as if the content hasn't been updated since 0.15, and a lot of things have changed since then.
Just thinking it might be useful for the starter page to have updated information, not to confuse new players.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Starter page improvements

Post by MakeItGraphic »

WoozyDragon wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 pm
I was looking at the starter page (https://www.factorio.com/starter-page) and it seems as if the content hasn't been updated since 0.15, and a lot of things have changed since then.
Just thinking it might be useful for the starter page to have updated information, not to confuse new players.
I think it's mainly the 'In Game Campaign' * (maybe, I don't play campaign really but I know there has been a ton of back and fourth with it lately) and for sure the 'Videos' section that need to be updated (the part with the .15 tutorial).

You can see the /content page has been updated recently, and /videos page has been updated since .17 but the tutorial there is all so out of date .16.

A quick google shows there is a .17 tutorial atm from Sept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nnmkvuvgjY

------------------

REDACTED FOR TIREDNESS
But .17 is still in experimental, so it could very well be on purpose? Really don't know considering there is a .17 overview there.
Last edited by MakeItGraphic on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

MakeItGraphic wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 am
But .17 is still in experimental, so it could very well be on purpose? Really don't know considering there is a .17 overview there.
0.17 is stable (more specifically 0.17.79).
0.18 is experimental so far.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Koub wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:03 am
MakeItGraphic wrote:
yeah lol was super late here

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Koub wrote:
MakeItGraphic wrote:
How it comes that factorios experimental versions are much better since some AAA titles? (Stability, Performance, Playability ) :roll:

edit: i just found out that you can write invisible text in the forum if you make a bracket around your sentence LOL ^^ there is invisible text above couldnt reproduce but something about the sentence make it invisible.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

nuhll wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 am
Koub wrote:
MakeItGraphic wrote:
How it comes that factorios experimental versions are much better since some AAA titles? (Stability, Performance, Playability ) :roll:

edit: i just found out that you can write invisible text in the forum if you make a bracket around your sentence LOL ^^ there is invisible text above couldnt reproduce but something about the sentence make it invisible.

Offtopic ramblings
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Spread the Word”