A chance encounter

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
fingerwiggles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A chance encounter

Post by fingerwiggles »

I've just stumbled upon this game due to a random message in a minecraft discord server. Someone I don't even know wrote "i recomend factorio if you wanna spend your enitre life on it" and so I googled "factorio" and spent the rest of the day playing the demo that I downloaded from steam. I woke up this morning still thinking about the game and knew that I had to buy a copy.

I can already tell that I will spend many hours enjoying this masterpiece and have already tried hooking my friends!

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Re: A chance encounter

Post by lovewyrm »

Yeah, I saw belts and inserters in my dreams when I first started playing. Good times, and the demons I summoned with the eldritch spaghetti belt patterns have long become my friends.

lupinehorror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lupinehorror »

similar here. i saw a clip of someone live streaming factorio on twitch.
i had been playing minecraft for over 3 years weekly with a friend (on the same map). showed factorio to him and he said, amongst other things, it has trains.
yes it certainly does...and so much more.
we haven't revisited minecraft since.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Not sure where I learned about it, but my guess would be the Minecraft Industrialcraft forum. Or maybe searching for games like minecraft. It has been a while.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

lovewyrm wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm
Yeah, I saw belts and inserters in my dreams when I first started playing. Good times
yeah, good times ^^ I played around 3700 yet and sometimes after long and intense sessions I am still placing quadrillions and quadrillions of belts and pipes in my dreams. or am driving around and explore dangerously parts of my mind, presented in factorio-vision xD

I remember when a mate tried to convince me some years back then. I watched the trailer and downloaded the demo. It didn‘t hook me and I abandoned the game after I guess 5-10 hours :(
Some weeks later I wanted to play a game beside league-csgo, and asked the mate which showd me the game if he wants to coop up. dunno, iirc he gifted me the game, and we started. instant loss of nearly whole real-life, stacking up 100h first 1,5-2 weeks. building insane factories in dreams each night not even included xD rest was history <3 surely one of the greatest(/best?) game I ever could touch <3 (thx stjopa btw if u read that ^^)

such nostalgia (:

Return to “Spread the Word”