[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Arakami
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Warehousing v0.0.11

Post by Arakami »

Ive downloaded this mod, got it installed, I can request the warehouses from the logistics network, but how in the hell do i craft them i dont see any option for this?

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Thanks for the mod! I used it extensively in the past and will get back to it in my next base :)

Did you consider a 2x6 "longhouse" with limited storage (maybe equal to storehouse?) to ease train (un)loading?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Arakami wrote:Ive downloaded this mod, got it installed, I can request the warehouses from the logistics network, but how in the hell do i craft them i dont see any option for this?
You need to research them.

SquarelyCircle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SquarelyCircle »

I placed an active provider warehouse over top of a full storage warehouse. The contents of the warehouse spilled on to the ground, filling my base. I'm not sure what can be done about this, but it is a serious problem as cleaning up that much copper is... well... a problem. :P

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

SquarelyCircle wrote:I placed an active provider warehouse over top of a full storage warehouse. The contents of the warehouse spilled on to the ground, filling my base. I'm not sure what can be done about this, but it is a serious problem as cleaning up that much copper is... well... a problem. :P
My advice would be to not do that next time :)

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

SquarelyCircle wrote:I placed an active provider warehouse over top of a full storage warehouse. The contents of the warehouse spilled on to the ground, filling my base. I'm not sure what can be done about this, but it is a serious problem as cleaning up that much copper is... well... a problem. :P
deconstruction planner works on items too
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

SquarelyCircle wrote:I placed an active provider warehouse over top of a full storage warehouse.
The contents of the warehouse spilled on to the ground, ...
i had the same problem a while ago, but at that time there was another mod that increased the "item pickup distance" (default key F to pickup items). if you use the creative mode mod, you can extend that range too (personal cheat with that name).

as i wrote in the above post, i would mostly like to have a compatible warehouse with the same capacity to avoid this problem while building and rebuilding a lot, and maybe a second with the current larger capacity for a final ore depot. but of course that is completely up to the author to do it or not.

someone else with the same problem simply had edited the values in this mod, but as the author says this should only be done privately and the public version should be the same for all people who use the mod.
vanatteveldt wrote:Did you consider a 2x6 "longhouse" with limited storage to ease train (un)loading?
i use two mods ... this mod for nice big storage with nice looks and the option to do nice inserter setups around it, and a second one for (un)loading trains on test setups if i am too lazy to do it properly with wired inserters to balance the steel chests. this second mod allows to join up to 42 chests in a vertical or horizontal line thus creating a single long chest with up to 2000+ stacks :-)
but on my real map, I'm using only this mod and set up stations properly using a blueprint which is just as easy.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Anson wrote:
vanatteveldt wrote:Did you consider a 2x6 "longhouse" with limited storage to ease train (un)loading?
i use two mods ... this mod for nice big storage with nice looks and the option to do nice inserter setups around it, and a second one for (un)loading trains on test setups if i am too lazy to do it properly with wired inserters to balance the steel chests. this second mod allows to join up to 42 chests in a vertical or horizontal line thus creating a single long chest with up to 2000+ stacks :-)
but on my real map, I'm using only this mod and set up stations properly using a blueprint which is just as easy.
I'd rather have a single 2x6 chest than seeing every possible chest in my logistic tabs.

Warehouses make for great item sorters when used together with loaders.
2017-01-13-12-46-31-5234569.jpg
2017-01-13-12-46-31-5234569.jpg (578.03 KiB) Viewed 8225 times
I only wish there was an even bigger (size not inventory) one to use even more loaders on them. Maybe a 16x2 or 32x2 to replace the insane splitter based belt balancers. :D

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Optera wrote:I'd rather have a single 2x6 chest than seeing every possible chest in my logistic tabs.
true, but that depends on how the mod is written and probably could be improved by using the same trick as textplates to hide all those additional chests. or simply make a tab for those additional chests which is never used :-) we would have to ask that author.
such long chests could also be misused to teleport items, but that is up to the user what he does and what his own rules for limitations are.

there are also more mods which do similar, eg one mod that gives horizontal and vertical 1x6 chests (normal, and logistics, total of 10 such additional items in the crafting menu). i don't use it since i got some conflicts and other problems with it ...
and after i started having a first look at angels mods yesterday, i saw another 6x6 warehouse ...
for mass storage, there are also compression chests for unlimited storage ...
lots of options for everything related to storage :-)

but i still like the graphics of this mod best, and its reliability, no conflicts with the 100+ mods i have installed, the spilling of items when replacing storage, and the options to select between 3x3 and 6x6 give at least a small challenge to decide what is best suited, and keep me building better balancers for (un)loading stations with circuit wires ...
my use of warehouses as buffers for coal

rhekis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rhekis »

It seems that requester warehouse will only request 20K of a single item, this is probably a known issue right?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =865587792

Screenshot shows bots taking plates from off screen storage warehouse to top off requester warehouse only to 20K as belt slowly inches items forward. Instead of filling to 100K. Note total logistics storage of 146K copper plates... that should have filled the requester

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Now that factorio 0.15 is out... do you plan on updating this mod anytime soon? :)

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

There's unofficial update at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kingarth ... sing%20v15

But there is 1 thing i'd recommend changing; make Logistics Warehousing tech require Logistics System. Because now you can cheat by having requester warehouses much earlier than requester chests.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

tips for changing code to resolve logistic warehouse tree

ultimately though, you still have to have the logistic system research done before you can make the logistic warehouses because it requires one of of the logistics chests as part of the warehouse recipe.
tips

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Philip017 wrote:tips for changing code to resolve logistic warehouse tree

ultimately though, you still have to have the logistic system research done before you can make the logistic warehouses because it requires one of of the logistics chests as part of the warehouse recipe.
tips
since Anoyomouse is still mia. im look into adjusting the science cost over the weekend. i just updated it quickly at first to just get it working while i was checking out .15

Trashman992
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trashman992 »

kingarthur wrote: since Anoyomouse is still mia. im look into adjusting the science cost over the weekend. i just updated it quickly at first to just get it working while i was checking out .15
Thanks! :)
I'll check out your updated version.

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

Hey

Apparently i'm MIA ... :P

I haven't had the time to do anything factorio for a long while, Mark42XLII on github submitted a pull request to update the mod to 0.15

Thanks kingarthur for updating to mod, however, could you at least mention on the mod that it was originally done by me, i don't mind that you updated it and are doing moer to maintain it them i am

Also, if you could can you check your code into github or similar to share the love? ;)

Anyways, version 0.0.11 of the original is going up now

Sorta an open call to anyone wanting to take over maintaining the mod (on github)?
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Warehousing v0.0.11

Post by kingarthur »

Anoyomouse wrote:Hey

Apparently i'm MIA ... :P

I haven't had the time to do anything factorio for a long while, Mark42XLII on github submitted a pull request to update the mod to 0.15

Thanks kingarthur for updating to mod, however, could you at least mention on the mod that it was originally done by me, i don't mind that you updated it and are doing moer to maintain it them i am

Also, if you could can you check your code into github or similar to share the love? ;)

Anyways, version 0.0.11 of the original is going up now

Sorta an open call to anyone wanting to take over maintaining the mod (on github)?
Sorry my bad i meant to and must of forgot to readd the credit when the mod portal broke the first time i tried to upload it. how do i put the code on github

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

kingarthur wrote:how do i put the code on github
Step 1: Go here: https://github.com/Anoyomouse/Warehousing
Step 1.1: Log in or make an account if you need to
Step 2: Click the "Fork" button at the top right
Step 3: I'm actually going to hand off to GitHub's own documentation at this point: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/ (They also have instructions for setting up git, and other steps that don't pertain specifically to forking a project but will have to be done if your environment isn't set up for it.)

There's also the option for someone else (like me) to fork Anoyomouse's repo, apply the changes, but mark the updates as authored by you (kingarthur). Happy to help with that method, too, if setting up git is more than you want to deal with—but I hope you will, because once it's done you're a lot more free to contribute to other code projects (since the environment will be already set up to support doing so).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Just forked warehousing. i think? and posted the changes i had made got super distracted lately and had kinda forgot to do that

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

kingarthur wrote:Just forked warehousing. i think? and posted the changes i had made got super distracted lately and had kinda forgot to do that
I found what appears to be your fork and looked at the changes… It appears you changed the line endings for each one of some 28 files. That makes the diff pretty impossible to sort through.

You'll also probably want to make your changes on a new branch other than master :)

Return to “Mods”