[MOD 0.18] Robot Army. v0.4.4

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.18] Robot Army. v0.4.4

Post by kyranzor »

I am not going to maintain this forum thread or the first post very much, but if you ask questions here I will see them and respond. The mod portal has email notifications and Github is the main source of questions/bug reports, so please use those if you can.

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

Sorry, but that's weird you are not going to maintain this thread, this should be the main rally points to people using your mod, given that's a Factorio mod and this is the Factorio modding forum. I can register to Github though, if you are adamant to only answers people there. But this seems a bit of an elitist approach to me.

That said, thanks for your mod. Once it will be done, it will be a very nice addition to any Factorio player. As of now, Robots behave very weirdly, always stopping some 20-30 tiles before the point you clicked on the map. It makes them directing the robots very unreliable.

Perhaps you should make them compatible with AAI Vehicles, so they can be commanded by this mod, problem solved!

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Porter65 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:41 am
Sorry, but that's weird you are not going to maintain this thread, this should be the main rally points to people using your mod, given that's a Factorio mod and this is the Factorio modding forum. I can register to Github though, if you are adamant to only answers people there. But this seems a bit of an elitist approach to me.

That said, thanks for your mod. Once it will be done, it will be a very nice addition to any Factorio player. As of now, Robots behave very weirdly, always stopping some 20-30 tiles before the point you clicked on the map. It makes them directing the robots very unreliable.

Perhaps you should make them compatible with AAI Vehicles, so they can be commanded by this mod, problem solved!
Hello,

It's no that I won't answer questions here, but that generally maintaining announcements, title updates, maintaining the 1st post etc.. I have better things to do, so when I upload code changes to github I can put change notes as I go, and when the releases go to the mod portal then of course you can get them there and downloading is automatic these days. I started this mod and this forum thread a loooong time ago, as i'm sure you'll see.

I will still answer questions here, as I still get notifications when someone posts. However, you'll see that newer, more relevant questions are asked these days over at the mod portal. It's not elitist or unusual to ask that you guys post your questions on the mod portal instead.

There's 159 discussion threads over there currently.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/robotarmy/discussion

The robots stopping 25-30 tiles before the enemies is a known issue, it's something to do with the unit groups and their targeting/movement behaviour. Another thing that happens and really annoys me too is that the units will see a worm or nest within visual range and will rush to attack those while ignoring the biters eating them, and will never break off until the target dies and only then fight the nearby biters.

The game devs have done a lot to the biter AI since this mod began, it's gone up and down, and right now has settled in a bad place. I am slowly chugging away on V5.0 of the mod, which will use a totally different method of control and do away with the 'unit group' built in system in the game, which is terrible.

Please, try getting the latest of v5 available here: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... stable.zip

and make a folder in your mods directory called robotarmy_0.5.0 and put all those files in it, and check that version out.

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

Thanks for the detailed answers. I have no issue posting in the mod portal subforum, but you spoke of posting to Github, i.e. outside of Factorio.com.

I see, for the AI. I'll try your new effort and report if there is anything. I'm still believing that it could do no harm to have your robots compatible with the waypoints system of Earendel AAI. That would be a plus, in addition to a more free form, RTS-like controls as you do.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Have you tried out the Unit Control mod from Klonan? It has mostly working integration with the Robot Army units, you can do waypoints, patrol points, auto-scouting and more with that. Very RTS-like.

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

I did but it was not working. I think another person reported it was no more working in 1.1.

I'll try again ...

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Porter65 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:22 am
I did but it was not working. I think another person reported it was no more working in 1.1.

I'll try again ...
Oh yes, good point. It may not be working... perhaps just focus on the v5 test ;)

Nebabon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nebabon »

Got an error:

The mod Robot Army (0.4.16) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event robotarmy::on_player_alt_selected_area (ID 52)
LuaUnitGroup API call when LuaUnitGroup was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:841: in function 'orderSquadToAttack'
__robotarmy__/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:198: in function 'reportSelectedUnits'
__robotarmy__/control.lua:79: in function <__robotarmy__/control.lua:78>

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Nebabon wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:03 am
Got an error:

The mod Robot Army (0.4.16) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event robotarmy::on_player_alt_selected_area (ID 52)
LuaUnitGroup API call when LuaUnitGroup was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__robotarmy__/robolib/Squad.lua:841: in function 'orderSquadToAttack'
__robotarmy__/robolib/eventhandlers.lua:198: in function 'reportSelectedUnits'
__robotarmy__/control.lua:79: in function <__robotarmy__/control.lua:78>
Thank you. I Just uploaded v0.4.17 with some other fixes and additions and this should resolve your issues. thank you for the report!
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/robotarmy/downloads to get the latest now, or your in-game mod browser.

Return to “Mods”