Simple combinator-free safe rail crossing

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
Teldae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Simple combinator-free safe rail crossing

Post by Teldae »

Thank you for this! I was struggling to connect gates to circuit and had to consult the wiki (must use wall pieces) and then needed a blueprint. I was afraid I was going to get a monstrosity with combinators and overcomplicated mechanics but this blueprint is exactly my level of understanding. Good job!

Gerandalf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gerandalf »

Your crossing looks promising, but when I tried to use it the game responded: “Failed to import string, unknown version ‘H…’”and refuses to create a blueprint. As starter I use factorio without mods, walk before I run 😉. Version 1.1.59 (build 59719. win64). What gives?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Gerandalf wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 am
Your crossing looks promising, but when I tried to use it the game responded: “Failed to import string, unknown version ‘H…’”and refuses to create a blueprint. As starter I use factorio without mods, walk before I run 😉. Version 1.1.59 (build 59719. win64). What gives?
The blueprint was created under an old version of Factorio. Blueprints are version encoded just like the maps. Version 1.1 can only load as old as 0.18. You'll need to download (and install) an older version of the game and see which one successfully imports it, then save and upgrade a version or two at a time until you get it to 0.18, then you can use the latest to finish getting it up.

Edit: Old post I'm editing here to remove some inaccurate information. What I said above isn't actually a thing with blueprint strings (only the library itself).

That said, I now realize that blueprint strings prior to version 0.15.0 (which this thread is mentioning 0.13) actually required a mod to create. Possibly this one: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/super-old ... int-string
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

Gerandalf wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 am
You can try if the import works if you put a 0 (zero) in front. If it doesn't, there might be online converters or do as FuryoftheStars suggested.

Return to “Railway Setups”