3x3 Chunk Modular Base Blueprints

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
cbass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

3x3 Chunk Modular Base Blueprints

Post by cbass »

Here is my first pass at creating 3x3 chunk factories. I've drawn inspiration from some of the prints available on factorioschool/factorioprints, but for the most part these are my own creations. I'd love any feedback on it.

All structures have the 3x3 chunk outlines to provide roboport support. Each stamp structure should fit within the warning box for the concrete, and the outlines are stampable. I've also attached the rail blueprint I typically use. The rail bundle I pulled directly from factorio school, and I'd like to give credit to the original creator, but cant find their info (feel free to link it in this thread!)

For the full description, please take a look at the Factorio Prints link. I've included the production rates of each 3x3 in the info, as well as the power consumption. Most will be throughput limited to an output of 4 blue belts, but others were limited by available space for production or input materials (limited to 4 blue belts of input). I tried linking the book, but it was significantly larger than the character limit.

For supplying each of the factories, the trains are RHD powered by the LTN mod. Perhaps in the next version I'll try to incorporate the 1.1 rail changes.

Factorio Prints Link to 3x3 factories:
https://factorioprints.com/view/-MRATOjD21weDXLH6lqr

BP book for the rail system I used:

Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 3x3 Chunk Modular Base Blueprints

Post by Gummiente27 »

While I am looking for some modular blueprints with trains I noticed that some of your blueprints have relative and others have absolute raster chosen., that looks like a bug to me.

(However I wll not use your design as I am looking for someone who integrated trains into the module/grid, nice work though)

cbass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 3x3 Chunk Modular Base Blueprints

Post by cbass »

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll go through and clean that up, they should be all relative. Incorporating rail lines is also a good idea, I'll include some transport grid outlines for the trains as well.

One other update I'm hoping to do with this is eventually convert it to vanilla. I havent had the time to dig into converting from LTN to vanilla yet (and I'm not quite sure how to get the same functionality) but it seems like it should be possible given the 1.1 changes.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”