[1.0.0] Desync with mods

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

[1.0.0] Desync with mods

Post by SharkCK »

Not sure what is going on. Playing with two other people and using the same mods we've been using previously except this time around, we started running into a desync issue. Could you guys help me figure out what is causing this desync? It would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the report, save and mods:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQPlNlX2MdvgaZCDW0 ... A?e=HrDCCt

The desync happens after connecting for about 10-20 seconds. The map is running off of a local Windows 10 dedicated server.

SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Desync with mods

Post by SharkCK »

Just wanted to give more info that I found on this. If I take the map and save it locally and run the game from my machine (host saved game from main menu), the desync does NOT occur. We can play for hours/days. When I load the save up on the dedicated, the desync eventually comes back. I can then reload it and host locally, and then put it back and can play for hours (sometimes minutes) without the desync. Rinse, repeat. Not sure what is going on but it seems like it is a bug with running Factorio in dedicated/headless mode.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”