[1.1.5] Desync in modded game

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
TaelBE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.5] Desync in modded game

Post by TaelBE »

I would post in the modded desyncs subforum, but I have no post permissions there it seems. So if a mod would want to move the thread there please.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Game I've been playing for a while now letting it run on a server. Had no problems until today, after I upgraded to 1.1.5. Did not upgrade any mods today. All desync reports shared in that folder are from the same server and map.

In desync-report-2020-12-04_15-08-22 (the first one) and desync-report-2020-12-04_16-38-41 I wasn't doing anything, I was actually in my browser on another screen while it happened.

In desync-report-2020-12-04_15-53-33 I was just placing belts somewhere.

Running mods:
AutoDeconstruct
even-distribution
far-reach
flib
MaxRateCalculator
Power Armor MK3
SpidertronWaypoints

One thing of not in that is that I have a Spidertron on a patrol along all my rails. I couldn't reproduce a desync with playing around with that though.

TaelBE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.5] Desync in modded game

Post by TaelBE »

OK, so it's probably my fault, although I don't see how it could've happened.

Since autodeconstruct was not updated for 1.1 yet, I had tested it by just modifying it to say version 1.1 in the info.json. In doing that, I also upgraded the version number (probably shouldn't have done that, but didn't want to leave it the same either). Since that seemed to work, I uploaded that version to my server as well.

After upgrading to 1.1.5 both locally and on the server, I started seeing these desyncs, and didn't think of autodeconstruct, so I posted here. After a while though, I noticed Autodeconstruct actually released a new version of their mod with support for 1.1. I certainly didn't upgrade any mods on the server, and I don't think I went and had my local mods updated either. In any case, the changes I had made, were identical to the changes released. I don't know if the updater would have spotted the update, since the version number I chose in my modification was exactly the same as the newly released update for the mod.

However, at this point autodestruct was very sus to me, so I stopped the server, deleted the mod from both server and locally form the mods folders. Then I had my local Factorio install the mod again through the interface, uploaded that zip to the server again, and restarted everything. I've been connected to the server for a few hours now, and haven't had a desync yet.

It's still strange, as I didn't think I chose to upgrade locally, and even if I did, I think the code is exactly the same.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”