How to report a bug or request assistance - READ BEFORE POSTING

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

How to report a bug or request assistance - READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Optera »

I'm constantly getting similar incomplete reports and assistance requests, so to help me quickly resolve them follow this guidelines I adapted from the general Bug report procedure.
  • Report only bugs cause directly by the most recent version of LTN.
    The current version can be seen in Logistic Train Network (LTN) - Description & Information post.
  • Report the bug as new topic. Watch out for other announcement posts like this.
  • Report errors caused by LTN companion mods like LTN-Tracker in their respective threads.
Make sure the bug is caused by LTN and not an interface recipient
The mod causing the error is listed in the 2nd line of the 2nd paragraph.
Example of a bug in LTN Tracker:

Code: Select all

The mod LTN - Logistic Train Network caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LogisticTrainNetwork::on_tick (ID ???)
The mod LTN Tracker caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::Custom event (ID ???)
Search first
  • Use the advanced search, you can limit it to only look in the Bug Report sub-forum, use keywords like: Crash, load, start, inserter, train,...
  • Read the Known issues, if it is there, don't make a new topic.
  • Search the Bug reports board, if your bug has been reported before contribute to that report, don't open a new one.
Make a useful title
  • start with the version number of the latest version of LTN you had experienced the issue with in square brackets e.g. [1.2.3]
  • two things should be included in the title if possible: What happened and in what context: "What is a train limit?." or "Layered Icons misaligned". Bad: "Game crashed" or "LTN not working".
Describe the problem as best as you can
  1. What did you do?
  2. What happened?
  3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
  • Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
  • Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
  • Be precise! When i click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not: When I close the game.
Provide Logfile
  1. if it's reproducabele turn on logging in options - mod settings - map - enable debug log
  2. let the event happen
  3. attach factorio-current.log
optionally attach meaningful screenshots showing ALL signals going in and out of LTN stops

Answer Questions
Many times I will ask for more information about the bug or ask you to try various things. Please track your bug report(using bookmarks, subscriptions, or "View your posts" feature) and answer when more details are requested.

Thank you!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”