[0.17/0.18] LTN Combinator

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] LTN Combinator

Post by alercah »

Is it deliberate that the combinators a) do not allow for a station to be a simultaneous requester and provider and b) do not have an option to set train limit? b) in particular would be nice to see remedied.

Thanks!

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

alercah wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm
Is it deliberate that the combinators a) do not allow for a station to be a simultaneous requester and provider and b) do not have an option to set train limit? b) in particular would be nice to see remedied.
A) They do support mixed Provider/Requester stops. Shift+Click the checkboxes to activate them at the same time.
B) There are mod settings to show a number of additional signals that are disabled by default, including train limits. If you only want to set it occasionally, you can also add it to a single combinator by manually putting the signal in one of the slots at the bottom.

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

alercah wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm
Pretty much what eduran wrote.

There are two methods to get the train limit field:
1) Enable it for all combinators in the mod settings
2) You can add any ltn signal to the bottom signals. When you close and reopen the combinator, the ltn signal is visible as a custom input field.

cheers

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Ah, wonderful, thanks!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I have to say I really like this mod now. It developed rather nicely. Thanks.

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

mrvn wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 pm
I have to say I really like this mod now. It developed rather nicely. Thanks.
Well, thank you!

kugelzucker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kugelzucker »

i seem to have encountered a bug on 0.17.50 and mod version 0.3.4 (as of writing the most recent versions available).

when i set some manual signals in the gui of the combinator they are first visible while setting, and visible when closing the gui and mousing over the combinator (both in the sidebar and as symbols in the combinator graphic). then i click on the combinator again to open the gui and the signals are gone.

https://imgur.com/a/a5hZDpaa video of the problem.

(video was too long for imgur)

i have enabled 'visible' signals in the mod settings and that doesnt seem to affect the behavior. any help appreciated!
Last edited by kugelzucker on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

kugelzucker wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm
i seem to have encountered a bug on 0.17.50 and mod version 0.3.4 (as of writing the most recent versions available).

when i set some manual signals in the gui of the combinator they are first visible while setting, and visible when closing the gui and mousing over the combinator (both in the sidebar and as symbols in the combinator graphic). then i click on the combinator again to open the gui and the signals are gone.

https://file.io/tDd1Ou a video of the problem.

(video was too long for imgur)

i have enabled 'visible' signals in the mod settings and that doesnt seem to affect the behavior. any help appreciated!
When you close and reopen the GUI, the signals are integrated into the table of visible signals and removed from the manual signal selection.

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Hi,

video is not available so i can't check. As far as i can tell Eduran is right.
Upon opening the gui the mod parses all signals and merges them.

For Example:
1. Limit Trains is set to not visible in the mod settings
2. Limit Trains is set manually as a signal in the bottom of the gui
3. Upon closing and reopening the Combinator, the mod parses the signals and sets the "Limit Trains" input field as visible - despite your settings.

(4) If you set Limit Trains to 0 (default value), the input fields are hidden again (after reopening)

This is a feature.

cheers

kugelzucker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kugelzucker »

i have reshot the video and i still cant wrap my head around it. included a view of the mods setting too.

https://imgur.com/a/a5hZDpa

mind that the signals are not showing _anywhere_ (not sidebar, not in the mod gui) after reopening the combinator.

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

kugelzucker wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:18 pm
i have reshot the video and i still cant wrap my head around it. included a view of the mods setting too.

https://imgur.com/a/a5hZDpa

mind that the signals are not showing _anywhere_ (not sidebar, not in the mod gui) after reopening the combinator.
Hi,

ok that video cleared everything up. LTN Combinator removes min and max train length, because they aren't valid signals for Depots.
Maybe i should inform the user, that invalid signals have been removed.

cheers

viewtopic.php?f=214&t=51072
Depot: (ignores Requester & Provider signals)
Image Stop is Depot - flags this stop as depot (default=0 false)

Requester & Provider:
Image provided items (positive number) and requested items (negative number)
Image minimum train length (optional) - minimum length of locos + wagon allowed in this station (default=0 no limit)
Image maximum train length (optional) - maximum length of locos + wagon allowed in this station (default=0 no limit)
Image limit trains (optional) - number of trains (deliveries) allowed simultaneously at this station (default=0 no limit)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

I'm not sure if it is appropriate, but it might be nice to have "request" and "provide" slots in the LTN Combinator. Placing an item type, and setting a count, would then advertise it appropriately - set the count negative for requesting, etc, and pass it through to the LTN input. For complex stations all sorts of fancy wizardry is needed, but for "I make ore" it is really kind of just ... y'know, static.

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

slippycheeze wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 pm
I'm not sure if it is appropriate, but it might be nice to have "request" and "provide" slots in the LTN Combinator. Placing an item type, and setting a count, would then advertise it appropriately - set the count negative for requesting, etc, and pass it through to the LTN input. For complex stations all sorts of fancy wizardry is needed, but for "I make ore" it is really kind of just ... y'know, static.
Hi,

i prefer the flexibility that comes with the generic signal input boxes. A LTN Combinator could still be used as a vanilla combinator. You never know what type of funky stations users create.

cheers

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

slippycheeze wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 pm
Just so you don't have to put a "-" in front of requests? Seems like a waste of space to have 2 signal boxes where one has an implicit "-" but otherwise they are exactly the same. And then you have special cases like the train limit. If somone puts a train limit in the request box it must not be negated and so on.

gleedy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gleedy »

Got this today when trying to set a coal requester. Any ideas?

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Hi,

that is a bug with factorio introduced in 17.61: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73996

If you can't wait for the update you can disable the LTNC-Gui in the Mod-Settings:
Mod Settings -> Map -> LTN Combinator -> Disable mod on version mismatch

That way the gui will be disabled and you can work with the default combinator interface

gleedy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gleedy »

Ok, thank you for the quick reply. My workaround was using a standard combinator, then stamping the LTN-C over the top of it, saving the settings.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

A feature request, please: support "named" networks in the mod. As in, allow me to set a mapping from a name to either a single bit (user friendly) or an integer as bitmask (powerful), and then select that in the combinator GUI rather than directly using the number.

Why? Too many magic numbers! This is partly my own fault, though I also think it'd be a bonus for most players, but:

I'm playing a game where I have a bunch of disconnected networks. (Lots of water, cargo ships mods on it as train networks, trains on land as same.) Once I got past three it started to be a challenge: did I mean network 8, or 16, here? previous station is 20 chunks back (thanks, water) and I can't remember right now which one runs in this ocean.

Plus, in general, names. Love 'em, compared to magic numbers :)

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Hi,

i am already working on a popup window, where you can toggle individual networks on/off. But it will take a couple more weeks - i don't have a lot of time to work on the mod, currently.

Naming networks most likely won't happen.

cheers

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

dockmeister wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm
i am already working on a popup window, where you can toggle individual networks on/off. But it will take a couple more weeks - i don't have a lot of time to work on the mod, currently.

Naming networks most likely won't happen.
The first part sounds awesome.

To the second: is that "don't have enough time / want it enough", or "don't think this is a good idea"? As in, is this something you would accept a patch for, or something you would reject a patch for?

Return to “Logistic Train Network”