Too many trains at the depot

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Too many trains at the depot

Post by Phantom329 »

I have a few LTN depot stacks like this but I am running into a problem where trains choose a station even if it is already occupied. How do I make sure it can't overfill into the main line?

The signals are:
Depot = 1
Train length <= 6
Max trains = 1

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Too many trains at the depot

Post by ssilk »

Ahm, when you set the train limit on the stops?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Different LTN depots should be named differently. That ensures, that trains from other depots don't gather in one spot (like shopping carts in a supermarket :))

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 am
Different LTN depots should be named differently. That ensures, that trains from other depots don't gather in one spot (like shopping carts in a supermarket :))
I name them all the same without a problem. My current vanilla base has I think 16 depot hubs, with 12 depot lanes each all named ¬LTN Depot¬ :roll:

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

khalismur wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 am
I name them all the same without a problem. My current vanilla base has I think 16 depot hubs, with 12 depot lanes each all named ¬LTN Depot¬ :roll:
It can work, esp. if you have much going on and the trains are on the road. But try to disable the dispatcher in settings and observe what happens to the trains. Do they find home?

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:02 pm
[...] try to disable the dispatcher in settings and observe what happens to the trains. Do they find home?
Why would I wanna disable it? My base has trains of several sizes, from 2 to 11 cars, but all depot lines are 100% equal. They have no "home", they go to the closest unoccupied depot to where they delivered the goods.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

khalismur wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:02 pm
[...] try to disable the dispatcher in settings and observe what happens to the trains. Do they find home?
Why would I wanna disable it? My base has trains of several sizes, from 2 to 11 cars, but all depot lines are 100% equal. They have no "home", they go to the closest unoccupied depot to where they delivered the goods.
It's a test. If you disable the dispatcher, the trains are not sent any more, so they will finish their deliveries and go back to depot.
The test is, whether all of them find a place in the depot.

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

Ahhh I see. Well I keep track of how many trains I have and how many depot lines, as to always have enough depot stops.

elfstone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elfstone »

If you hover over one of the trains stuck there, where do they want to go? Do they actually want to go to one of the occupied depots or are they already re-routed to another free depot? If it's the latter, you can create an empty pass-through-line in your depot, so that trains that entered the depot can leave it again to search for another depot.

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crazybmanp »

If you set a train limit on the stops to 1, it will force each train to reserve its depot stop before returning. You just have to make sure that you have either equal or more stops than trains.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”