Smart Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by kingarthur »

Weigoo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 am
20200615153229.png20200615153119.png20200615153110.png

Are these some bugs?
bio-printer. maybe.

the last 2 no i dont see anything wrong with them.

Weigoo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Weigoo »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 am
Weigoo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 am
20200615153229.png20200615153119.png20200615153110.png

Are these some bugs?
bio-printer. maybe.

the last 2 no i dont see anything wrong with them.
Shouldn’t the product be an iron gear?

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

When activating the option fine-oil, tar-extractor-mk01 mining 10 per cycle. So it should be?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

kots01 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 am
When activating the option fine-oil, tar-extractor-mk01 mining 10 per cycle. So it should be?
it should be the same as if it was infinite.

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:45 am
kots01 wrote:
Please check the oil and tar.

Migodus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Migodus »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 am
Migodus wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:11 am
For me the natural gas recipe selector (SHIFT + g) is not working any more. Did the change to 1.8.0 changed the way to choose natural gas?

Version: 1.8.0
Date: 2020-06-14
Changes:
- Work in progress in the oil-natural gas system on oil derricks.
[...]
shift-g was modified to be a global change so you wouldnt have to set each machine 1 at a time. i made a choice to remove the ability to do the individual machines but its been pointed out to me that was dumb and im re adding the ability to work along side the global setting. itll be back in a day or so
Thank you for the quick fix. The after Shift-G the Icon for natual gas is shows up. But for me nothing is extrected. Does anyone else observe this? Or is it just my savegame (tested with smal and medium oil derrick).

Version: 1.8.2
Date: 2020-06-15
Changes:
- Fixed shift-g not working on single buildings.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Migodus wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:45 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 am
Migodus wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:11 am
For me the natural gas recipe selector (SHIFT + g) is not working any more. Did the change to 1.8.0 changed the way to choose natural gas?

Version: 1.8.0
Date: 2020-06-14
Changes:
- Work in progress in the oil-natural gas system on oil derricks.
[...]
shift-g was modified to be a global change so you wouldnt have to set each machine 1 at a time. i made a choice to remove the ability to do the individual machines but its been pointed out to me that was dumb and im re adding the ability to work along side the global setting. itll be back in a day or so
Thank you for the quick fix. The after Shift-G the Icon for natual gas is shows up. But for me nothing is extrected. Does anyone else observe this? Or is it just my savegame (tested with smal and medium oil derrick).

Version: 1.8.2
Date: 2020-06-15
Changes:
- Fixed shift-g not working on single buildings.
The entity fluidbox is getting reset correctly im looking into it to see what i need to do to sort it out but I dont yet have that.

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

kots01 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am
kingarthur wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:45 am
kots01 wrote:
Please check the oil and tar.
Oil is extracted at 10 after SHIFT+G natural gas at 75 ImageImage
Attachments
Скриншот 16-06-2020 13.11.18.png
Скриншот 16-06-2020 13.11.18.png (579.63 KiB) Viewed 6173 times
Скриншот 16-06-2020 13.10.16.png
Скриншот 16-06-2020 13.10.16.png (670.87 KiB) Viewed 6173 times

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Hi,

On a new game, only using Py mods and RSO, i have those errors :
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (169.26 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
I'm not sure if those were present before, maybe i never paid attention. Should i ignore them or raise a bug on RSO mod ?

Thanks !

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DarkyPupu wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:52 pm
Hi,

On a new game, only using Py mods and RSO, i have those errors :
Sans titre.png

I'm not sure if those were present before, maybe i never paid attention. Should i ignore them or raise a bug on RSO mod ?

Thanks !
It can be ignored. They're not real resources to be spawned. Im going to get with ozelek to get rso to ignore them and not give that error.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Many thanks King, it's what i supposed looking on the Py mod config but better to ask and being sure than realizing after dozen hours i'm missing something :)

Py games tend to be... kinda long :lol:

Nuage0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nuage0 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 am
how that was not i thing i expected , but the hot air is part of a rework
Hi all,

I'm playing with the latest Py PH with the Hot Air remake, and I'm thinking that the Iron chain is a bit too powerful right now.
Using the Molten Iron from Unslimed Iron, I can get 15 plate per second from 6.25 ore per second - and it would be even better if I was able to use the Iron Slime.

Right now, I can get a full yellow belt of Iron Plate from ~12 miners, and with Iron Slime I can get one from ~6 miners ?!

That 15:6.25 ratio seems a bit off - before the update, it was at best 15:20.9 ; and right now, Copper Plate is 15:12.6, which seems to bit more reasonnable.

Also, the removal of the Glass Hot Air recipe is very impactful: you need a lot of it and quite early for science. Setting up the Crushed Quartz chain is relatively hard and expensive; so in the early game, you will be stuck with the basic recipe and it's bad yield.

What do you think about those ?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Nuage0 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm playing with the latest Py PH with the Hot Air remake, and I'm thinking that the Iron chain is a bit too powerful right now.
Using the Molten Iron from Unslimed Iron, I can get 15 plate per second from 6.25 ore per second - and it would be even better if I was able to use the Iron Slime.

Right now, I can get a full yellow belt of Iron Plate from ~12 miners, and with Iron Slime I can get one from ~6 miners ?!

That 15:6.25 ratio seems a bit off - before the update, it was at best 15:20.9 ; and right now, Copper Plate is 15:12.6, which seems to bit more reasonnable.

Also, the removal of the Glass Hot Air recipe is very impactful: you need a lot of it and quite early for science. Setting up the Crushed Quartz chain is relatively hard and expensive; so in the early game, you will be stuck with the basic recipe and it's bad yield.

1. Hot air its self is getting a rework to balance out the bugf it now gives. Its a little to basic but before the boost it gives was way to small to be worth setting anything up.

2. On glass. It was not intended to not have hot air but do to the way the glass chain is it didnt really fit into the new changes. It has been fixed and is just waiting on some other stuff that needs finished before its released. Several plates need sorted still an hot air adjustments finallized

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Natural Gas from oil patch does not work any more??

vaendryl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vaendryl »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:10 pm
Nuage0 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Hi all,

1. Hot air its self is getting a rework to balance out the bugf it now gives. Its a little to basic but before the boost it gives was way to small to be worth setting anything up.

2. On glass. It was not intended to not have hot air but do to the way the glass chain is it didnt really fit into the new changes. It has been fixed and is just waiting on some other stuff that needs finished before its released. Several plates need sorted still an hot air adjustments finallized

about the hot air rework, as I understand it I'm now stuck throwing stone bricks into the abyss for a bit of hot air until I unlock logistic science packs and get coke processing 2?
oof.

there also seems to be a misspelling (wamrer instead of warmer) and hot stone gives a key error.

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

vaendryl wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 pm
about the hot air rework, as I understand it I'm now stuck throwing stone bricks into the abyss for a bit of hot air until I unlock logistic science packs and get coke processing 2?
oof.

there also seems to be a misspelling (wamrer instead of warmer) and hot stone gives a key error.
the tier1 hot-air receipts for smelting plates are also removed (eg iron ore -> iron-plate, still exists; iron ore + hot-air -> some more iron-plates, has been removed)

are there still some red-science hot-air receipt available? (that are required to progress to green science)

Holy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Holy »

Error.jpg
Error.jpg (40.76 KiB) Viewed 5696 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Holy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:00 am
Error.jpg
Already known. Being worked on currently fix should be up in a few hours.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I'm not a fan of the new hot air changes. Pre Logistic sci, we can only produce hot air from bricks and compressed air. I happen to be poor in stone on my map - closest reserve is nearly 1000 tiles away as the crow flies, but via a tortuous route around the lakes to get there - so even though stone is being produced as a byproduct, it's pretty much all being used in other processes and nothing spare for hot air.

Logically, heating bricks should be able to be done in any oven, and then passed through some kind of heat exchanger as it was before this change. I wouldn't mind if we could get the bricks back with only very low air heating efficiency, or even lost a few bricks during the process. Right now, I also have 60 hot bricks that can't be used.

Hot air has now become one of the hinge pins and difficult to produce in enough quantity. It seems strange that I can pocket craft circuit boards, but have to waste huge amounts of stone to get one of the simplest things to make - hot air. What are the physics behind compressed air and bricks anyway?
Last edited by Squelch on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

keirbhaltair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keirbhaltair »

I fully agree with that. Even within the realm of Pyanodon mods, making something as simple as hot air this annoying to craft makes no sense whatsoever. Even a simple stone furnace burning wood must by necessity produce hot air, I have no idea why the engineer is so picky that they can only use hot air manufactured from the finest coke or vaporizing a small mountain of stone bricks. I never liked the idea of hot air anyway (what exactly is hot air at 20°C, anyway?) but this change makes it even worse and further removed from its name.

Hot air just turned from an obvious no-brainer to use into something you're just about scrounging to get enough for the recipes that need it, like rubber; there should be a happy medium somewhere in between. Unless I'm missing something, even after unlocking the warm(er) bricks, coke oven gas is only ever created as a by-product of making coke, so if you have enough coke and need hot air, you must find some way to destroy the coke you'e not using just so that you can run the processes that actually produce the much-coveted cold hot air, and that's just incredibly counter-intuitive.

Return to “PyMods”