pY Petroleum Handling

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

vaendryl
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by vaendryl »

since stone blocks themselves are just cooked rocks I don't think it's so strange to use them for hot air, but to have them consumed entirely seems really weird. but i can accept that as part of the gameplay - excess rock can be used to increase smelting productivity. okay, fine.

what *does* bother me is that "hot air" made this way has a temperature of 15 degrees xD

same with "steam" created by the power house at just 65 degrees. pretty sure steam of that temp is called regular water, or at most "very humid air".
also annoyed me a lot I couldn't use that steam for pretty much anything other than mining tin and i can't even vent it.

Nuage0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nuage0 »

vaendryl wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 pm
I couldn't use that steam for pretty much anything other than mining tin and i can't even vent it.
If I'm not mistaken, you can send it into Tailings Ponds and it'll be vented.

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

correct you can vent 65° steam in tailing ponds

this 65° stuff is a way to introduce cooling towers where you see many receipts that consume 100 water and produce 100 steam of 65° - you will be able to recycle the water with cooling towers which is very cool mechanic

you can bypass this with unlimited water fills and vent by ponds currently

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

vaendryl wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 pm
since stone blocks themselves are just cooked rocks I don't think it's so strange to use them for hot air, but to have them consumed entirely seems really weird. but i can accept that as part of the gameplay - excess rock can be used to increase smelting productivity. okay, fine.

what *does* bother me is that "hot air" made this way has a temperature of 15 degrees xD

same with "steam" created by the power house at just 65 degrees. pretty sure steam of that temp is called regular water, or at most "very humid air".
also annoyed me a lot I couldn't use that steam for pretty much anything other than mining tin and i can't even vent it.
i was made 60 to prevent its use in steam engines (tho 160 would have done the same thing)
why? because py wants u to loop that water in a cooling tower

at 60 it is water at 1atm but in a lower presure it can be steam (note nauvis surface pressure is unknown so it is a maybe )
at 0.1 atm it is 45C or so , so 60c steam is a thing in those conditions

dhelete
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dhelete »

With coke processing 1, we can use warm stone brick to produce hot air.
But we need coke oven gas for this.
So, maybe I miss something but is there a way to produce coke oven gas before coke processing 2 ?

By the way, ty so much for the py suite ! 8-)

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah the new bricks system is both better and weirder at the same time.

I really LIKE that it's not just as simple as foundry + heat exchanger to make hotair anywhere you want.

However, I don't really like that you have to get to green science to be able to make warm bricks with coke oven gas. Can we maybe have an inefficient recipe somewhere in red science that just turns coke->coke oven gas? Or some other way to make coke oven gas that is clearly worse than the tech you unlock with coke processing 02, so it would really ONLY be used to do warm bricks at red science tier. So that we can make warm bricks to use in hotair recipes in the red science tier?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

maybe add a worm bricks with fuel recipe?
or some new coke gas recipe

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

i have a strange problem with new hot-air and hope someone can help me:

warm brick uses coke-oven-gas 250°+
hot brick uses coke-oven-gas 500°+

my coke production generates coke-oven-gas at 500°, i then transport it via train to a different location and tried to feed into hot brick line, but the input does not fill (pipes are connected for sure)
when i use this 500° in my warm brick, the line uses the gas (250°+ seems to work with the gas)
i wonder why the input of my hot brick does not accept the 500° gas - do you have any ideas?

initially i found an issue with the gas that showed 499° because there was some items of gas in pipes before migration to new temperatures, but i did empty all pipes / tanks containing any coke oven and it shows plain 500° in UI and still does not accept

do you have any exp with coke oven gas and hot air that might help me?
thank you!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

error0664 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:36 pm

my coke production generates coke-oven-gas at 500°, i then transport it via train to a different location and tried to feed into hot brick line, but the input does not fill (pipes are connected for sure)
when i use this 500° in my warm brick, the line uses the gas (250°+ seems to work with the gas)
i wonder why the input of my hot brick does not accept the 500° gas - do you have any ideas?

initially i found an issue with the gas that showed 499° because there was some items of gas in pipes before migration to new temperatures, but i did empty all pipes / tanks containing any coke oven and it shows plain 500° in UI and still does not accept

thank you!
maybe it needs to be 500> so 500 is not enought tho that would be a bug on our side .
also are u sure you use corect gas? there is coke gas 1 recipes and coke gas 4 recipes ?

if you want a large central build use coke gas 4 since it has a much smaller build for same output X5 ot so smaller

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:10 pm
error0664 wrote:

thank you!
maybe it needs to be 500> so 500 is not enought tho that would be a bug on our side .
also are u sure you use corect gas? there is coke gas 1 recipes and coke gas 4 recipes ?

if you want a large central build use coke gas 4 since it has a much smaller build for same output X5 ot so smaller
thank you for the tips, i double checked coge gas 4 but i used the standard receipts
finally i tried to build heat exchanger everywhere from source (where it consumed correctly) and on each train station etc. and found the issue:
had a split liquid system on unload station with pumps that did mess up with my temperature somehow - i believe the gui does round to 500° but it did contain some little remains of untemperatured liquid so it was litterally below 500° but did show rounded value plain 500 oO
after empty this station, the brick liquids and (to be save, again,) the source system it finally worked : )
now i can use warmer bricks 8-)

Nicios
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nicios »

Hi all,

I just reinstalled factorio after cleaning my computer. When I try to redownload this mod for continue playing my saves on factorio 0.17 it wasn't aviable.
Can somebody send or post the latest version for 0.17 of this mod and Py raw ores?

thank you all.r

evanrinehart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evanrinehart »

Hi noticed the regenerative heat exchanger has a pollution of 50/m whereas most buildings have 0.06/m. Maybe it's an oversight?

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

error0664 wrote:

thank you!
It's the same for me. I feed it in at the 250 degree spot and all works ok. It does feel like it should just be 250 degree gas but oh well.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Hi,

Not sure if this had been seen already (didn't find it in search), i have this error sometimes, but i can't find how to reproduce it :
facpy.png
facpy.png (26.6 KiB) Viewed 6774 times

It seems to only happen when a new player (no mod settings) join the game. So far i share by hand my modlist/modsettings but if there's a more fancy way, it'd be nice :)

(sorry if it's not caused by Py mod, i have a ***load of mods so i THINK it's from Py but my apologies if it's not ^^; )
I do not play with other overhaul mods, still (NO bobs, NO angels, etc.)

Note that this also prevents the headless server to update sometimes (i move mod folder away, i update, and i put it back).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DarkyPupu wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi,

Not sure if this had been seen already (didn't find it in search), i have this error sometimes, but i can't find how to reproduce it :

facpy.png

It seems to only happen when a new player (no mod settings) join the game. So far i share by hand my modlist/modsettings but if there's a more fancy way, it'd be nice :)

(sorry if it's not caused by Py mod, i have a ***load of mods so i THINK it's from Py but my apologies if it's not ^^; )
I do not play with other overhaul mods, still (NO bobs, NO angels, etc.)

Note that this also prevents the headless server to update sometimes (i move mod folder away, i update, and i put it back).
do you have a save file that has all the mods your using? id like to sync up everything and have a lot at whats going wrong. i would expect an error like that everytime not sometimes

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Yes, i'll try to narrow down the problem first so you don't waste time on my tab, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't something known and "normal" / "not fixable" :)

I come back to you when i have more easy-to-check config (currently i have some mods edited by hand, i'll remove them at least, else you'll waste way too much time)

Thanks !

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

It doesn't come from Py mod (not directly, at least). I sent you PM in case you want to have a look, but since it's probably a faulty other mod which cause trouble, i'll try to sort it out and i'll post here result (so others know which one is incompatible)

EDIT : It comes from Bot Servicing and it was reported on the Mylon's thread (not sure if it reached here in the end) :
viewtopic.php?p=495699#p495699

I leave you decide if it's a bug or normal, in the meantime i just disable the Bot Servicing mod.

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

do you have any plans related to recent hot-air changes in regards to coalbed-gas?
converting coalbed to xx always includes 500unit of hotair which seems off since the last hot-air changes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

error0664 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am
do you have any plans related to recent hot-air changes in regards to coalbed-gas?
converting coalbed to xx always includes 500unit of hotair which seems off since the last hot-air changes
i believe any temperature shall work
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:02 am
error0664 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am
i believe any temperature shall work
i think you interpreted it wrong.
1 hot air has only 1 temperature.
2 he was complaining about the AMOUNT of hot air ,500 in the past was only power and space and now it is a lot of resources
3 as a small note in the past coal-bed was very cost effective since it was only power and space , that is why you added drill heads to all recipes but now ALL coal-bed recipes are very expensive
4* atm coal bed is like a vent for hot air when you want to use the coke gas chain in order to make stuff fom the intrmediary steps
5* a) coke gas 4 is super good but due to a lot of trace resources it needs it is not great for builds unless there is a "vent" for hot air
b) coke gas 1 hot air is a bad joke overall regardless of the target output (since brick heating is X4 slower then the other 2 so you need huge heat ex changer setups)
c) bricks are ok (for low amounts) but definitely not worth it for coal-bed and large setups

Return to “PyMods”