pY Alien Life - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

recall2000
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by recall2000 »

Nexelit should be unlocked at red science. I've just done so myself and I haven't yet made a start on green science as I'm starting on some basic plants/animals initially: https://imgur.com/a/FYyC6Km.

Do you have all of the Py suite? Not that I know the dependencies, but could be something missing if you don't have the full suite. Just guessing on my part though. GL.

polle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by polle »

ty recal2000
washing nexelit right now i never looked into the evaporator because FNEI is still showing me i need coal processing 2.
But it is unlocked
Green science soon

recall2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by recall2000 »

Green science...soon™ :) I started again...I wasn't happy with my map. Madness I know. I get to green science, or close and I think "I could do it better", so restart...2nd time I''ve done this. I must love the early struggle. This time....this time... :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

recall2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:54 pm
Green science...soon™ :) I started again...I wasn't happy with my map. Madness I know. I get to green science, or close and I think "I could do it better", so restart...2nd time I''ve done this. I must love the early struggle. This time....this time... :)
damn. you must really like the early game.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

There seems to be a blocked technology path in the last couple of releases that prevents progressing to Logistics Science.

Poor Alien sample is required which requires Biological sample. Biological sample requires bone meal. Bone meal cannot be produced without researching creatures with bones. Creatures require cDNA which requires bone meal.

The only creature I've been able to research/produce is Vraulks which don't require cDNA but also don't have bones.

Dead end.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Squelch wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:54 pm
There seems to be a blocked technology path in the last couple of releases that prevents progressing to Logistics Science.

Poor Alien sample is required which requires Biological sample. Biological sample requires bone meal. Bone meal cannot be produced without researching creatures with bones. Creatures require cDNA which requires bone meal.

The only creature I've been able to research/produce is Vraulks which don't require cDNA but also don't have bones.

Dead end.

Wrong. Use Aougs to make bonemeal. FNEI or other recipe explorer is recommended to avoid this.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:18 pm
Wrong. Use Aougs to make bonemeal. FNEI or other recipe explorer is recommended to avoid this.
Aougs do produce bonemeal, but as I said. To produce or research Aougs, cDNA is required, and that is dependent on bonemeal. There is no other means of producing bonemeal.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I see it now.

Biological sample != Bio-sample

It is easy to confuse bio sample as an abbreviated biological sample.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Phadai song sounds so familiar but I don't know what song that is.

nfelddav
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfelddav »

How are upgrade techs supposed to work? I researched the tech "Researched upgrade", selected the "Metachemoinformatics", and the only thing I can that changed is that I can no longer select an option.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

nfelddav wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:32 am
How are upgrade techs supposed to work? I researched the tech "Researched upgrade", selected the "Metachemoinformatics", and the only thing I can that changed is that I can no longer select an option.
it should have added productivity to the research center

nfelddav
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfelddav »

Aha! It did give it's effects to some of the research centers, but not production, chemical, logistic, or automation science.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

nfelddav wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:38 am
Aha! It did give it's effects to some of the research centers, but not production, chemical, logistic, or automation science.
as in those recipes in the research building? i am currently working over some things as there are recipes that were not setup originally for productivity that ive correctly so they might be needing that as well. i hadnt got to the research center yet

nfelddav
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfelddav »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 am
as in those recipes in the research building? i am currently working over some things as there are recipes that were not setup originally for productivity that ive correctly so they might be needing that as well. i hadnt got to the research center yet
Yeah, when those recipes are in the research building.

Great!

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Maybe I´m wrong, but the zipir upgrades looks unbalanced. If I´m right a productivity bonus gives less input + more speed (cause: 10% productivity means after 10 products you earn 1 for free instant). So the Sperm Retention gives 50% Speed and 45% less resource input. The suicide Sex gives 50% Speed and 10% more resource input.
Or did I missunterstand prdouctivity bonus?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 am
Maybe I´m wrong, but the zipir upgrades looks unbalanced. If I´m right a productivity bonus gives less input + more speed (cause: 10% productivity means after 10 products you earn 1 for free instant). So the Sperm Retention gives 50% Speed and 45% less resource input. The suicide Sex gives 50% Speed and 10% more resource input.
Or did I missunterstand prdouctivity bonus?
No the first one is negative productivity so you gain nothing. Sperm retention should be 5% not 50% speed.
Suicide just gives speed and would reduce productivity from another source if you was able to add one.

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:56 am
No the first one is negative productivity so you gain nothing. Sperm retention should be 5% not 50% speed.
Suicide just gives speed and would reduce productivity from another source if you was able to add one.
Ok I tested it and I don´t understand the meaning of speed:

Without Upgrade(MK02): Speed 2,1
With Sperm retention(MK02) (5%Speed, 45%Productivity): Speed 2,9
With suicide Sex (MK02) (50% Speed): Speed:10,1

Without modules suicide Sex raises all reefs from 0,1 to 8,1 Speed.

Thats not 50% :D

Dummy Ulric says -10% speed, but it sinks from 0,125 to -1,475
Then Ulric Corral MK01 with mk01 Ulrics cannot get higher then the minimum 20% of the start value of the building (-->0,025 Speed)

If I use Helmod I can see that the Dummy Ulric gives -1600% and suicide Sex gives + 8000%

edit: Is there the possibility to undo a choice with console? I would like to take the extremly better speed in some cases.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

I have researched kmauts improvement and chose eyestalk ablation. Its speed then dropped to the -80% limit in mk 01 and 400% at mk02. is the speed change bugged?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mxpal wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:56 pm
I have researched kmauts improvement and chose eyestalk ablation. Its speed then dropped to the -80% limit in mk 01 and 400% at mk02. is the speed change bugged?
Not exactly. It's working as intended but as intended forgot to account for -speed for things less than tier 4.

Its getting fixed and I should have an update out sometime Saturday. Say about 24hrs from now.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:04 pm
mxpal wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:56 pm
Not exactly. It's working as intended but as intended forgot to account for -speed for things less than tier 4.

Its getting fixed and I should have an update out sometime Saturday. Say about 24hrs from now.
wow thats quick. keep up the good work! i am 843 hours into this map and struggling to make yellow science, the perfect sample is a real pain. :(
i will be here all the way till the end!

Return to “PyMods”