Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Resource gen settings

Post by kingarthur »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 am
2. Are you sure about that ? Didn't py used to depend on ores from bob ?
Nope it's never been dependant on bobs ores. It used to have a bunch of compatibility for if bobs was active to replace things like Glass in pycoalprocessing needing iron plates if just using it with vanilla.

Pyrawores simply replaced that compatibility with are own in-house stuff that's not dependant on trying to make it balanced with outside changes.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Resource gen settings

Post by kingarthur »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:33 am
Anyway, what are people using now with Py ?
RSO or no RSO ?
What kinds of settings ?

In my new game I went with RSO on default settings –
(didn't realize that resource generation had been fixed)
– and with 50%/50%/50% on all resources
(I like this setting because in vanilla it kind of approximates the resource scarcity of the x8 red & green science resource cost that you get on a marathon game, without running marathon, which would be insane in Py, not to mention probably not balanced with all the duplicate recipe costs that are likely missing, and building costs are already insane enough !)

Current map :
(just depleted starting iron & copper & raw coal)
Screenshot from 2021-02-18 12-32-20.png
Finding bitumen seeps might be... interesting ! :D
(P.S.: I guess that the RSO "Oil in starting area" doesn't do anything with Py ?)
I still recommend using rso. Cant get vanilla to space the resources out enough for my liking.

The last few times I've played a game I turned up the spread and turned down the total size as with pyalienlife its got several alternatives for most things after green science.

No idea if that setting ever has done anything with py. Should still be a bit of starting seep.

Return to “PyMods”