Glass works fluid?

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Glass works fluid?

Post by razahin »

Trying out the new glass works. It calls for a fluid but doesn't say what it should be, what should I be feeding the machine?

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Glass works fluid?

Post by reapersms »

Anything with a fuel value. Coal gas and tar can work starting out, something like Fuel Oil is probably better overall.

There's a soft requirement on PyPH, as that is where the fuel values are added.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

reapersms wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 am
There's a soft requirement on PyPH, as that is where the fuel values are added.
just in case someone less should find this post that is no longer true. ive fixed it and pyph is no long needed to get fuel values on fluids

Salurian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salurian »

If you want something quick and dirty, you can use Hydrogen (water + electrolyzer). Not the best but if your pre-existing lines were somewhere inconvenient to move fuel, it works pretty well as a on-site fix that you can place just about anywhere so long as you have at least red science going.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

This (and liquid fuel values) need to be in tool tips.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

So I just came back to Pyanodons since 4 or 6 months ago. What has happened? Red Science is now going to take hours and hours to even make the first one? Glassworks requires TWENTY SEVEN MEGAWATTS of liquid fuel? I plugged it into helmod and that would be 800 coal gas per second to make 1 red science per second?

Someone help me because I'm confused. It doesn't even feel real anymore with how difficult this stuff is.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Crixomix wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm
So I just came back to Pyanodons since 4 or 6 months ago. What has happened? Red Science is now going to take hours and hours to even make the first one? Glassworks requires TWENTY SEVEN MEGAWATTS of liquid fuel? I plugged it into helmod and that would be 800 coal gas per second to make 1 red science per second?

Someone help me because I'm confused. It doesn't even feel real anymore with how difficult this stuff is.
hellmod is broken when it comes to fluid fuel usage
for mk1 it is like 50-100/s max

27MW natural gas is 1.5MJ/ unit so you need 18/s nat gas crude oil was 800KJ or so so you need like 32/s
with coal gas (why not syngas to begin with ) 135/s (if i remember well tho it could be half )

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm

27MW natural gas is 1.5MJ/ unit so you need 18/s nat gas crude oil was 800KJ or so so you need like 32/s
with coal gas (why not syngas to begin with ) 135/s (if i remember well tho it could be half )
Ah. Okay. Thanks for that. That's slightly less ridiculous than I thought. Still pretty crazy though. Is 27 megawatts REALLY necessary? Lol. I feel like Pyanodons was already a bit crazy but now even automating red science is on par with circuits 1.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:40 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Ah. Okay. Thanks for that. That's slightly less ridiculous than I thought. Still pretty crazy though. Is 27 megawatts REALLY necessary? Lol. I feel like Pyanodons was already a bit crazy but now even automating red science is on par with circuits 1.
fluid fuel values are very high so in order not to be trace amounts of fuwl sorta high numbers are needed
that is also to replace the coal gas/syngas in the old recipes

esso23
Inserter
Inserter

Post by esso23 »

We fixed the enegy consumption issue in pY Pollution & Energy. You can use the mod until this gets fixed.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah something still feels really off about early game. I'm supposed to get 270 coalgas and/or tar for each glassware I create? (2 seconds of glassworks = 54megajoules). The only way to get coalgas and tar with no tech is to run raw coal through a DDC, and then run the small amount of regular coal you get also through a DDC. 50 raw coal -> 50 coalgas + 50 tar + 10 coal -> 40 coalgas + 50 tar. Altogether 50 raw coal only gets you a total of 190 coalgas and tar combined, not even enough for ONE glassware.

Intended?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:19 pm
Yeah something still feels really off about early game. I'm supposed to get 270 coalgas and/or tar for each glassware I create? (2 seconds of glassworks = 54megajoules). The only way to get coalgas and tar with no tech is to run raw coal through a DDC, and then run the small amount of regular coal you get also through a DDC. 50 raw coal -> 50 coalgas + 50 tar + 10 coal -> 40 coalgas + 50 tar. Altogether 50 raw coal only gets you a total of 190 coalgas and tar combined, not even enough for ONE glassware.

Intended?
after you atomize syngas the fuel cost becomes neglect able fast , also you can use nat gat /vrude oil in a build it and forget it way

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Can't do natgas/crude oil in the early game because no pumps. I mean I understand that it's supposed to be a "big" liquid power requirement, but it's a bit prohibitive for the first few hundred science to be from tar/coalgas. Syngas, once you get it, is definitely a lot better, but I think it's just a bit silly early game to have to dump thousands of raw coal into powering your glassworks just to get a few red science. I get it, it's pyanodons, but this felt a bit absurd even for Pys :)

ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ztn »

esso23 wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm
We fixed the enegy consumption issue in pY Pollution & Energy. You can use the mod until this gets fixed.
for me installing this mod don't fix Glassworks (i verify checkbox in settings - it's set). what is the fastest solution to fuel glassworks right now without learning 10 technologies?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ztn wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:55 pm
esso23 wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm
for me installing this mod don't fix Glassworks (i verify checkbox in settings - it's set). what is the fastest solution to fuel glassworks right now without learning 10 technologies?
make a wood loop then wood>coal>coke and use the tar and coalgas to make syngas

Aikhona
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aikhona »

Coke Oven Gas is a good fuel as it is a byproduct of hot air production which is pretty early game, though certainly not right from the get-go.

The initial solution as mentioned is to just process your raw coal into coal gas & tar and just feed this into your glass production. Slowish at the start but ticks along nicely as you should really be quite involved in laying out your megabase and building it at the same time. I kind of find the initial production bottlenecks take a while to resolve and often an upgraded tech arrives that outdates that particular production line before I've really even got it running. ie, the science arrives faster than I can process it.

Syngas when you get the tech replaces that as it's about double the efficiency, but I seem to replace that quite quickly with fuel oil or sometimes even just jump straight to that and ignore syngas for the glassworks.

The nice part is that your glassworks can simply consume any excess fluids with a fuel value which keeps me from tanking or simply dumping it.

Now if only flue gas was fuel :-)

Return to β€œPyMods”