[Already Exists] assembling-machines with only one available recipe should default to that recipe when placed

Things that already exist in the current mod API
FlamingCarrot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Already Exists] assembling-machines with only one available recipe should default to that recipe when placed

Post by FlamingCarrot »

The assembling-machine prototype is used by a lot of mods (my WIP included) to create passive resource generators - core drills, filtration plants, fish traps, dream-catchers etc. - that consume power but no ingredients.

Many of them are therefore single-function machinery with only one assembling recipe. And requiring the player to inform a drill that it should, indeed, drill into the ground is a little clunky. Rather than "picking from a list of one", I'd rather such entities had the option to skip that GUI entirely, and remove the :arrow: reset-recipe button on the left of the inventory interface.

I imagine there are workarounds, but just thought I'd ask.
Last edited by FlamingCarrot on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlamingCarrot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: assembling-machines with only one available recipe should default to that recipe when placed

Post by FlamingCarrot »

Thanks a lot. Shut 'er down, boys.

Return to “Already exists”