campaign mining speed

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

campaign mining speed

Post by ownlyme »

wow, it's so slow...
i played 90% of the scenario with 10x game speed, until i reached the quest where it said "collect some of your equipment"
after searching the map for 5 minutes, looking for a weapon or anything and googling, i came to the conclusion that i was being asked to deconstruct my whole factory.
You can imagine, that i did quit at that point...
i actually hoped the campaign would be at least a little bit fun

My feedback:
I tried to make everything automated immediately so i ran into a few issues:
- Burner inserters are super lame..
- Manual mining speed should be at least 5x as fast
- The resources at the starting position are very sparse...
- You can't craft almost anything by hand..
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: campaign mining speed

Post by mmmPI »

ownlyme wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 pm
i played 90% of the scenario with 10x game speed, until i reached the quest where it said "collect some of your equipment"
after searching the map for 5 minutes, looking for a weapon or anything and googling, i came to the conclusion that i was being asked to deconstruct my whole factory.
You can imagine, that i did quit at that point...
i actually hoped the campaign would be at least a little bit fun
Can't you just burn bomb shoot everything ? because that's seems like some fun to me.

I wonder where you are supposed to put what you deconstruct if not but i can understand that it feels like you are asked to commit sacrifice or some sort it's not like just chest full of wood that you destroy :)

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”