[0.18.21] Tutorial Feedback

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
regress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.21] Tutorial Feedback

Post by regress »

I played the newly released (old?) 3 stage tutorial. The only bugs I got were at the very start and likely caused by me being overzealous and sequence breaking a couple of things.

However the tutorial still feels very unsatisfying. In my opinion the best tutorial level was the train level from the old plastic plane campaign. I would suggest you revisit that level as a tutorial map. Omitting trains from the tutorial is a tragedy.

This ties into the need to address the closed nature of the tutorial. I'm glad at least you gave the option to continue at the end. With the new (expanding) tutorial there was enough content to be interesting after completion. Now the final map is tiny and uninteresting and completely exhausted in less than 30 minutes.

From FFF-342:
A literal "It isn't what it says on the tin" situation.
I understand the need to motivate the person playing the demo to purchase the full product but you are not helping yourself by being stingy and you're still in in this situation only now by omission of the gameplay elements that make Factorio shine / keep me up all night.

P.S. I know I've said it before but not including trains is really selling the product short.

regress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.21] Tutorial Feedback

Post by regress »

Just 100% completed Tutorial in [0.18.26] scouring every corner.

It has trains. It has secrets. My concern is completely addressed. I think this will help you peddle this crippling addiction to far more people. You guys rock.

Of course now you have to add
abandoned bases and crash debris
to the standard game worldgen or its not what's on the tin :twisted: - what does scope creep mean?

Good luck on 1.0

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”