[0.17.11] List of minor mini-tutorial Issues.

Bugs that are actually features.
credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.11] List of minor mini-tutorial Issues.

Post by credomane »

This is a list of issues I had/noticed while working through the tutorials in 0.17 (was wonder if there were new ones) and I also tried to break them (I did...kinda).
  1. Would be nice if the items given by the tutorial would also be auto assigned to the quickbar. I think the quickbar changes "broke" this. It would reduce the initial confusion/need and, IMO, unnecessary/excessive inventory opening required to progress through the tutorials as different items became available.
  2. I noticed the Train Schedules and Train Stops tutorial instructions are using images of the old train Schedule GUI. See screenshot "Train GUI" below.
  3. The Basic Signal tutorial finishes with a "player speech bubble" then exits the tutorial when the bubble is closed. The previous tutorials all spawned a "finish" button in the "objectives" area to exit the tutorial.
  4. The Advanced Rail Signal tutorial has a few issues:
    • You are instructed to build signals but you can mine the already placed signals. This lets you cheese the first exercise. See Train Signal Cheese screenshot below.
    • As mentioned before you are instructed to build signals but either I'm an idiot or you must pickup some of the already built rail signals to complete the some of the exercises. Something that doesn't immediately come to mind since the instructions explicitly say "build", make no mention of picking-up signals as an option and previously everything that was pre-built for you in the tutorials was also unminable.
    • Building on the previous bullets hitting "reset trains" will delete all rail signals (not chain signals) in the player inventory. This can make it impossible to complete some of the exercises without hitting "reset all". This is the "I kinda broke" the tutorials I was referring too.
    • The Advanced Rail Signal tutorial uses a finish button like the Basic Trains & Rail Building & Train Schedules and Train Stops tutorials but once pressed it then opens a "player speech bubble" like the Basic Signal tutorial does then will exit the tutorial once closed.
Train GUI:
OldTrainScheduleUI.png
OldTrainScheduleUI.png (219.46 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
Train Signal Cheese: Pick up the signals with the red arrows.
SignalTutorialCheese.png
SignalTutorialCheese.png (620.78 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

BeauNiddle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] List of minor mini-tutorial Issues.

Post by BeauNiddle »

Other minor issues with the basic signal tutorial

The old panel talks about "inventory empty" the new one "cargo empty"
The 1 coal you get given doesn't allow the train to make a full loop. Either add a refuel chest to station A (when it's waiting at the ore offload station) or give more than one coal at the refuel step

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

These are mostly suggestions,

The tutorials will have another go over at some point, so nothing really actionable right now

Annihilannic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Annihilannic »

• Building on the previous bullets hitting "reset trains" will delete all rail signals (not chain signals) in the player inventory. This can make it impossible to complete some of the exercises without hitting "reset all". This is the "I kinda broke" the tutorials I was referring too.
I think this is more of a bug than a suggestion, was about to log a bug report for it (still present in 1.1.25) but found this existing report.

Return to “Not a bug”