Hiding Alt-Info for Entity in Cursor

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Hiding Alt-Info for Entity in Cursor

Post by Stringweasel »

Hello!

I'm trying to hide the alt-info of an item while it's in the cursor ready to be placed. More specifically, I don't want the fluid box connections to show while you're holding the item. I can hide these indicators effectively when it's placed using the "hide-alt-info" flag, but this does not effect the entity while it's in your cursor. See the picture as an example.

It seems like the "hide-alt-info" flag only hides the fluidbox indicators when it's not selected. When you hover your mouse over it then it will still show fluidbox connections. Where without the flag it will always show the fluidbox connections. This is probably why it shows during placement.

Is there something else I can do to hide those fluidbox indicators while the entity is in the cursor? Can this be considered as a bug?

Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Hiding Alt-Info for Entity in Cursor

Post by DaveMcW »

I once used a fluid box hack to implement a feature, and I also had no luck hiding them.

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Hiding Alt-Info for Entity in Cursor

Post by Stringweasel »

Now possible after implemented interface request. 97809
This is implemented in 1.1.67 with FluidBox::hide_connection_info
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Return to “Modding help”