[kovarex] [1.1.26] Crash walking around with spiderton (TransportLine::draw)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.26] Crash walking around with spiderton (TransportLine::draw)

Post by vanatteveldt »

I've been playing over 5 years now, always with experimental updates, and AFAIK this is the first time the game crashed on me.

I've attached the log, I'm not really sure what caused it. I was restocking while in spidertron, had just picked up some engines and walked to the rails to place a new train, game froze and a minute later crashed with the request to post the log file here. Only some QoL mods (helmod, bottleneck, creative mode)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Crash walking around with spiderton (TransportLine::draw)

Post by vanatteveldt »

Another crash happened about 15 minutes later, log attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Probably not really relevant anymore, but the game just crashed again while I was AFK (so certainly not walking around with spidertron). Log attached.

(edit: and another crash now. So it seems something is actually wrong)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(26.24 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Last edited by vanatteveldt on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

You are literally the only person having this crash, and the 3 crashes are all on our reporting server, so I suspect your system behaving funny in this case.
Ofcourse, you can provide a save file which we can check, as it might be something weird related to your save file.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.26] Crash walking around with spiderton (TransportLine::draw)

Post by vanatteveldt »

You make me feel special :)

Here's a link to the save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2cay1a8o91qi ... p.zip?dl=0
[e: just copied the autosave to _autosave1_backup.zip and replaced the link, I was afraid that dropbox might automatically track a new version of the file]

I'll try to load that save and just let it run for a while without doing anything to see if it triggers the problem. Edit: Confirm: I opened factorio, clicked continue [from _autosave1], and didn't touch anything, and about 10-15m later it crashed.

Anything else I can try/do to debug the system? Note that factorio was running flawlessly (as always) just until last night, also with this save, and I didn't do anything in terms of installing mods, drivers, hardware, etc.

(I do have a slightly niche setup with ubuntu + i3 tiled window manager, and I often have factorio running on a desktop/workspace while I am working on another workspace, but that setup/routine has never caused issues with factorio before)

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.26] Crash walking around with spiderton (TransportLine::draw)

Post by vanatteveldt »

Update: I rebooted my computer, and the problem seems to have gone away...

Edit: Had the game on most of the evening, no crash. So apparently it was indeed my computer being weird. Sorry!

Return to “Pending”