[boskid][1.1.32] Desyncs in vanilla (brownout)

Things that has been reported already before.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[boskid][1.1.32] Desyncs in vanilla (brownout)

Post by tetryon »

I had played multiple hours on a 1.1.32 vanilla MP server (AssemblyStorm weekly) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, without issues. A few other people had desyncs.

I logged onto a few other servers just now - no problem. Then I logged on to the AssemblyStorm weekly server and the moment I joined it instantly desynced me.

Desync report: https://we.tl/t-pIrRhPQUCk

Other people on this server are also randomly affected. I've seen at least two people who desync the instant they log on for the first time.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.32] Desyncs in vanilla

Post by boskid »

Given the size of the saves with tags (7.6G each) i cannot compare them directly. After processing them down to 260M each i only see differences around research-progress, evolution and energy buffers. This is quite clean desync even with the amount of differences, almost everything is focused on the energy buffers.

When loading that save file i see there was a recent brownout of the entire factory because train with uranium cells was unable to reach to nuclear reactors because of a trash train being stuck. There was recently such reports (97606). I will have to try to reproduce this issue on my own.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.32] Desyncs in vanilla (brownout)

Post by boskid »

I tried to reproduce any desyncs around brownouts or blackouts on saves from this desync report and from others, just in case i was using linux server and 2 windows clients, but unfortunately i was unable to find anything. I will need more details or a running server to attach to on which i could try to see why the desync happens. For now moving this to pending.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

boskid wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm
I will need more details or a running server to attach to on which i could try to see why the desync happens. For now moving this to pending.
The server is up and often "randomly" desyncs. There's usually some of us logged on and plenty of admins. Feel free to hop on. We can switch off uranium fuel and cause some brownouts if that's what's suspected.

Note the server did get upgraded to 1.1.33 after I posted this, but it's the same world.

Look for 'AssemblyStorm Weekly' in the public listing.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

We are desyncing over and over right now, if that's something you want to log in and see for yourself.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Link expired but fortunately i still had the desync on disk. Looking at the desync i see there are inserters in wrong active order which makes this duplicate of 98445.

Return to “Duplicates”