Peevester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.4

Post by Peevester »

robot256 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:09 am
i tried it, expecting to see it latch on physically. i was disappointed. :P
I've thought about doing that for Vehicle Wagon, actually. For example, use the Spider Remote to click on a Vehicle Wagon flatbed car, and it walks over and curls up onto it. I have no idea how to animate the legs, but we could certainly get the behavior right.

Normally when vehicles are loaded they are held in stasis (actually deleted), but we could replace it with a "legless spider" that teleports along with the train so that logistics and equipment keep working while riding the train.
Equipment sure, it would be fun to have a rocket defense on outpost trains. Logistics should probably be turned off when the train is moving, to avoid the "hey wait up" robot swarm effect. Maybe there should be a generic rule that no logistic robot will try to fly to something moving faster than it can move, or with a locked in destination.

Watching logistic robots get pissed and spiking their cargo into the nearest chest is one of the last minor annoyances I have left with the general operation of the game (the train changes were such a HUGE improvement), even if it's kind of funny to see sometimes.

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

With 1.1.5 around, it may not hurt too much to derail a little furter onto Spidertron vehicle wagon. First picture that came to my mind:
1594802570-887788-power-polyp-07.jpeg
1594802570-887788-power-polyp-07.jpeg (593.48 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
Christmas would be complete :D

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

T-A-R wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:37 pm
With 1.1.5 around, it may not hurt too much to derail a little furter onto Spidertron vehicle wagon. First picture that came to my mind:
1594802570-887788-power-polyp-07.jpeg

Christmas would be complete :D
:D nice one. Would also like it

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

robot256 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:09 am
i tried it, expecting to see it latch on physically. i was disappointed. :P
I've thought about doing that for Vehicle Wagon, actually. For example, use the Spider Remote to click on a Vehicle Wagon flatbed car, and it walks over and curls up onto it. I have no idea how to animate the legs, but we could certainly get the behavior right.

Normally when vehicles are loaded they are held in stasis (actually deleted), but we could replace it with a "legless spider" that teleports along with the train so that logistics and equipment keep working while riding the train.
why attach spidertron to wagon, just transofrm it to wagon (or just wheelies on legs), and connect it to end of train (he has enough legs to use one as connection). when you at your stop, just disconnect, and transform back to walking form ...

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Daeruun wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 pm
AmericanPatriot wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:54 pm
Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 pm
That's actually a feature that I wrote for my Spidertron Engineer mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronEngineer). Now that you've mentioned it here, I think that I might release that little bit as a standalone mod, without all the 'transform-the-player-into-a-spidertron' extra that the original mod adds.
Please do
+1
Sounds great
Done as part of my new Spidertron Enhancements mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronEnhancements.

Enjoy :D
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Releases”