Version 1.1.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.10

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a false positive in a blueprint related consistency checks. (94355)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

lukegb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.10

Post by lukegb »

Ooh, interesting. There appears to be a new 1.1.10 demo experimental build - was this intentional or just a quirk?

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Hotfix release 👍

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

lukegb wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 pm
Ooh, interesting. There appears to be a new 1.1.10 demo experimental build - was this intentional or just a quirk?
It is intentional, we are getting close to stable, and we need to test the demo as well, as there are non-trivial changes.

Alwego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alwego »

kovarex wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:51 pm
(...) we are getting close to stable (...)
Good to hear that :)
Now community is divided. Some players play on stable 1.0, other players use new experimental 1.1.10, but a lot players and servers stuck on 1.1.x. I'm worrid for this, a lot of players can resign to play this game, when they find only a dozen active servers (becous they use not popular/not newest experimental version).

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Alwego wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm
kovarex wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:51 pm
(...) we are getting close to stable (...)
Good to hear that :)
Now community is divided. Some players play on stable 1.0, other players use new experimental 1.1.10, but a lot players and servers stuck on 1.1.x. I'm worrid for this, a lot of players can resign to play this game, when they find only a dozen active servers (becous they use not popular/not newest experimental version).
you're worried about nothing, carry on as usual

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Near stable?! Was hoping this myriad of new confusing and pointless statutes introduced was still a work in progress.

If you really wanted a status for *everything* for the sake of consistency, then at least add a surrogate status LED for *everything*, I mean, everything.

Better imho:
Remove the status indicator for all entities where there is never more than 1 distinct status, as it is pointless information. Else, you are suggesting or implying that a particular entity type can have more than 1 different status.

Wooden chest: Status: "Normal"... what's the point?! Is there ever a differnt status? No.
Belt: "Working"... is it ever anything other status? No. Same with Splitter. Yet underground belt has no status. Consistency?
Car: "Working", Wagons: "Working", but locomotives... no status.
Substation: no status, yet does more "work" than a wooden chest.

I appreciate many of the new granular statuses that actually communicate useful information such as "disabled by circuit condition", "discharching" etc.

This 1.1 status mess is seriosly the only ever Update that I don't see any sense in and that I complain about since 0.13.
Last edited by Usul on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Usul wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm
Wooden chest: Status: "Normal"... what's the point?!
Belt: "Working"... is it ever anything other status? No. Same with Splitter. Yet underground belt has no status?
Car: "Working", Wagons: "Working", but locomotives... no status.
Substation: no status, yet does more "work" than a wooden chest.
wowza. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

belt can be stopped by circuit. car can run out of fuel.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Nope. Try it.... stopped belt with wire connected-> Status: "Working".

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Usul wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm
That should probably be changed then. Even so, belts can be set by mods to be inactive: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... ity.active. This changes their status to something like "Disabled by script".
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Usul wrote:
and in the last bug report that was submitted wrt 'status' indicators, kovarex said they're all very low priority. but if you find one, open a ticket. no need to complain here in the release thread, which won't get anything accomplished.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Usul wrote:
So did try it, and got a different result. Oddly it says "disabled by control behavior", which is awfully cryptic, but at least the disabled part is right.

Xoriun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Xoriun »

And btw, the term stable means there are very few bugs. It doesn't mean there are no major/minor feature and/or changes planned.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 pm
and in the last bug report that was submitted wrt 'status' indicators, kovarex said they're all very low priority.
Kovarex fixed all of them anyway. I got some even more minor ones up my sleeves though :mrgreen: Right now locomotives and gates are the entities with the most useless statuses imo.

(PS: It was actually boskid saying they were minor. viewtopic.php?p=530858#p530858)
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Releases”