[1.1.8] Crash placing Rail Signal (RepathData::repathTrain)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Two_Sandals
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.8] Crash placing Rail Signal (RepathData::repathTrain)

Post by Two_Sandals »

I am consistently getting a c0000005 exception when trying to place a rail signal in the provided save. Previously I have placed many, but now it is causing a crash. I had a previous save that had the same problem, but I wasn't certain exactly what was causing it as it was occurring when bots were placing a large rail section down. I've tried placing a rail segment and then putting a rail signal down on it in several locations. I had no problems like this in 1.1.7 and with no change in mod list between versions
Attachments
CrashSave.zip
(6.07 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
factorio-current.log
(20.91 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.8] Crash placing Rail Signal (RepathData::repathTrain)

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you please zip and upload your mods folder as well?

You have a mod that isn't on the mod portal and when I try to load the save locally it doesn't crash (I suspect because it has detected the removed mod and done migrations around the rest of the game fixing the issue).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Two_Sandals
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Two_Sandals »

Here you go

It's probably BetterBots, when 1.1 was released, that mod hadn't been update, someone on the mod page provided an updated one, which looks like just updating the factorio version in the code

Two_Sandals
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Two_Sandals »

Hmmm sorry, looks like my zipped file was still 450 mb, and didn't upload in previous post, i've just included what i suspect is the problem from above
Attachments
BetterBots_1.3.8.zip
(178.4 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Two_Sandals
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Two_Sandals »

After removing that mod, I am no longer experiencing crashes

Thanks

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Two_Sandals wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm
After removing that mod, I am no longer experiencing crashes

Thanks
Well; the crash issue wasn't likely caused by that mod. Just changing the mods around at all triggers the game to do a re-build of a lot of cached data and as part of doing that it fixed what ever was going wrong for you. It may happen again.

Can you upload just the better-bots mod so I can take a look at the crash?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Got the mod. But do you have exact reproduction steps with that save and the mod? I'd really like to reproduce it on my end to see what's causing the crash and get it fixed.

Two_Sandals
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Two_Sandals »

In the save file, with that mod loaded, if you try to place a rail signal on the rail nearby the player it will trigger the crash. I've also was able trigger the crash by placing a rail down and trying to place the rail signal on it. in all cases the rail was not connected to any other existing rail

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Hmmm; I can't reproduce any crash. Annoying :\ None of the trains even have schedules and are all in manual mode so it's really confusing.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I checked the possible ways to crash in that exact place and every sane way would crash in handful other places alread. All 15 logs of that crash that were automatically uploaded are with the same cpu+gpu+other details so i assume they are all from you. Its unlikely to be RAM related as it would be crashing in multiple places so the only possibility left is that your EXE file is corrupted. If possible i would like to look at your copy of `factorio.exe` which should be inside of `C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64` (could you send it to me by private message?). Other than that i would suggest checking files integrity in steam because there is nothing more i can do here. I am moving this to "1/0 magic" (but still i would like to look at the EXE file)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”