Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Post by ssilk »

Edit: Seems it is me (or better Firefox), but if someone knows how this can be fix please PM.

Is this only a problem with me:
Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 16.51.22.png
Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 16.51.22.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 6941 times
?
It displays some big HTML-Error.

Browser: Firefox. It works perfect on any other browser I tested. And only that video. There must be something different.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

ssilk wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Browser: Firefox. It works perfect on any other browser I tested. And only that video. There must be something different.
My Firefox has no such issues displaying that video, so it isn't just Firefox. Weird. I expect you have run through all the normal tech support suggestions: run crap cleaner, reboot, power cycle, go on to Facebook and comment how much you love Bill Gates, switch from Windows to Linux :twisted:
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:12 pm
lilstrip wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 am
It was an honor being in one of the FFF!

I really hope you guys decide to make some sort of map DLC which I could maybe work on! ;)
How were you in it?
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-308

movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by movax20h »

Factorio now featured on main page of Steam.
factorio-promo.png
factorio-promo.png (883.69 KiB) Viewed 6909 times

Ramblin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ramblin »

Congratulations to the whole team at WUBE!!

Factorio is, but far, the most polished game I've ever played. It was 1.0-quality *long* before the devs were happy with it which is a huge part of the reason for the quality of the game. You truly did build a game I love to play - hopefully you still love to play it as well.

Factorio was my first "early access" game. It wasn't my last. It is still my favorite.

I'm a 35+ year gamer (scary stat). I've had Factorio since the Steam release (0.12 I think - over 4 years). I've read the FFFs every week even during the odd month where I didn't have time to fire up the game (or any game). Wube has set the standard I'd love to see the rest of the gaming industry even approximate.

Factorio *is* my main game therapy when I need a break from running my own IT consulting company. It helps me think through things. It is the game I have more hours in than any other in all these years.

Thanks again for all the effort. I appreciate it more than I can rightly say.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

It's a bit sad to see the end of the FFF. It was always a nice and fun read at the end of the week. But i totally understand you needing a break.

Maybe this is a good moment to turn the FFFs into a book? As a nice item for fans and maybe a useful reference / motivational story for other developers. And to preseve it for eternity!

And Spidergratulations for making the meme a reality.
(Or maybe it was never a meme from the inside ;)?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:19 pm
It's a bit sad to see the end of the FFF. It was always a nice and fun read at the end of the week. But i totally understand you needing a break.
its very sad indeed that the FFF was laid to rest - but its not over until the fat lady sings ....

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

lilstrip wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm
AmericanPatriot wrote:
lilstrip wrote:

I really hope you guys decide to make some sort of map DLC which I could maybe work on! ;)
How were you in it?
Are you the author of the post collapse scenario? I would have thought you included it in your signature.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

movax20h wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:42 pm
Factorio now featured on main page of Steam.
I don't want to boast or anything, but here it goes ... (I really regret not capturing a video)
Screenshot from friday

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hey, thank you all for your congratulations and kind words of support, we really appreciate it!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

posila wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm
Hey, thank you all for your congratulations and kind words of support, we really appreciate it!
It is all well earned. You are great!

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

posila wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm
We can't express all the love we feel for you guys in words. You deserve the best <3
Not only have you made the best game, everything about it shows the same care to bring the best experience possible. Business model, up to date wiki, API and documentation, FFF and forum interaction etc. You are leading the industry in all possible ways simultaneously.

King Mir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by King Mir »

Congratulations. Great to see this being such a polished game.

I started a new game this weekend, and in one fell swoop destroyed my sleep schedule.

Atraps003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Atraps003 »

Congratulations. Factorio is a great game.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:02 pm
lilstrip wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm
AmericanPatriot wrote:
lilstrip wrote:

How were you in it?
Are you the author of the post collapse scenario? I would have thought you included it in your signature.
my name is mentioned as being the creator. I asked exterminator for the spotlight :P

We might setup a patreon to work on a new even bigger version so stay tuned for that in case it happens!

IIIByoIII
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IIIByoIII »

Thank you for bringing us this great game!
Take your time to celebrate and relax when you feel so.
You are master artists in game development, so please don't ever stop in life, many of us will support you, just keep creating great things!

Sincerely,
one of your many fans ;)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

nice one, this is one of few games, i probly spent lot of time on beta, and remained still somehow interested until real release. my eldest save is from 0.12 but started with 0.11 (didn't buy game until steam release tbh. just played copy from friend :D )

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

lilstrip wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:59 am
[...]

my name is mentioned as being the creator. I asked exterminator for the spotlight :P

We might setup a patreon to work on a new even bigger version so stay tuned for that in case it happens!
I meant your forum signature. I will be sure to stay tuned!

Saippuakauppias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Saippuakauppias »

I have always disliked biters, they interrupt your building projects and are just nuisance. However playing without them didn't feel right either, whole military science is then needles. Never quite understood how that can be fixed and what actually is my problem with biters. Until spidertron was released, then I saw it clearly.

This game is all about automation, biters are nuisance because you cannot automate removal of biters (don't know if there is some mod's for it tho).

But spidertron... well just give us programmable spidertron that can wirelessly monitor messages on some wireless network (that must be researched and built). Patrol routes, radars that alert when there is approaching biters on radar range and spidertrons that can monitor that and automatically launch kill parties to wipe out those biters, smaller spidertrons that can be built earlier on the game.. etc.. possibilities are endless!

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Saippuakauppias wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:01 pm
I have always disliked biters, they interrupt your building projects and are just nuisance. However playing without them didn't feel right either, whole military science is then needles. Never quite understood how that can be fixed and what actually is my problem with biters. Until spidertron was released, then I saw it clearly.

This game is all about automation, biters are nuisance because you cannot automate removal of biters (don't know if there is some mod's for it tho).

But spidertron... well just give us programmable spidertron that can wirelessly monitor messages on some wireless network (that must be researched and built). Patrol routes, radars that alert when there is approaching biters on radar range and spidertrons that can monitor that and automatically launch kill parties to wipe out those biters, smaller spidertrons that can be built earlier on the game.. etc.. possibilities are endless!
you can automate with artillery

Return to “News”