Friday Facts #361 - Train stop limit, Tips and tricks

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Alweth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #361 - Train stop limit, Tips and tricks

Post by Alweth »

I don't know if this would work (mostly for legal reasons), but here's a feature I'd love to see:

Allow the user to check an option that would automatically download json Tips and Tutorials from whatever Factorio Wiki is considered to be the best. Such Tips and Tutorials would be marked as unofficial, but this would be a great way for players to get tips from the community while making use of this robust and amazing feature that Factorio provides.

Tips and Tutorials on the wiki would be tagged with tags such as "relevant version" to ensure that players would only be getting relevant tips.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Alweth wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:51 pm
whatever Factorio Wiki is considered to be the best.
there is an official wiki (the one linked at the very top of the page)
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Just wanted to say that we really, really, really wait for 1.1 availability. We're struggling so much while waiting...

P.S. Also add the simple 2x1 sized chest to vanilla already! It's a paint to use cars (manually! no blueprint!) for alignment in train-to-train setups. Do you really think Our Hero wouldn't find a solution for that? (Long handed stacker insert might also work, but will have greater impact on the game, I suppose --- still, is as simple in deployment as the chest, maybe simpler).

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

eradicator wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm
Dev-iL wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:14 pm
If you want a rough estimate, you can try to extrapolate it!

1.0 was released on 2020-08-14 and the FFF was posted on 2020-10-09 -> which means 56 days. If they were ~50% done at the time of the FFF and assuming they're working with the same rate, it means an additional 56 days, which brings us roughly to .......... [drum roll ] ............ Dec 4, 2020, Friday.
You forgot to apply the 90-90 Rule, which results in Friday, March 26, 2021 :twisted:.

With the new consoles out soon i'm not so sure if a "Christmas Release" would be a good strategy.
Looks like I was only 11 days off 😜
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Return to “News”