Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Regular reports on Factorio development.
KoblerMan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Post by KoblerMan »

kovarex wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:38 pm
KoblerMan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 am
KoblerMan wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:09 pm
I think one touch that would really hit home for people like me who used to play RCT1/2 and Chris Sawyer's Locomotion would be having a track unique to the title screen. Something to play along with the simulation that doesn't appear anywhere else in the game.

My suggestion for the title screen music. :D

(Side note: I'm not endorsing uploading copyrighted OST's to YouTube. Don't do what this guy did. Also he has a Patreon link in the description, that could get him in some legal trouble if he makes money from other people's music.)
NO WAY... You guys actually implemented this! I love you, Wube! <3
Yes, I think that the suggestion was where the idea came from :)
#validation
ImageImage
System Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (@~3.8 gHz)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2400)
DRIVES: 2x 1TB NVMe SSD, 1x 6TB HDD

Saippuakauppias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Post by Saippuakauppias »

gGeorg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 am
The connections inside the blueprint are strictly following the original, while the connections to the entities already existing on the map are being automatically created as before.
It is eighter unfortnate statement or unfortnate functionality.
Test case: Make a regular grid of poles conecting eeach other, so each pole has 4 conections.
Then make it so, the bluprint of 4 poles conecting each other, with only one wire connects to the rest of the grid.
Then stamp blue print. Result should be, the blue print connects with only one wire, not four.
e.g. The blue print should search for "outside" conectivity only by those poles, which was not manualy restricted (to inside connection).
e.g. The pole which is on the edge of blue print and has manualy restricted wires (to only inside connections), it should stay so. So after placing a blueprint there is an pole in range available but not connected.
Soo, this was the reason why my power poles does not seem to connect anymore. Feels like downgrade instead of improvement because it feels that I can no longer be sure that powerpoles really are connected correctly and have to use power grid comb to fix connections.

Return to “News”