Headless server autosave config

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Headless server autosave config

Post by maxp779 »

Hi guys

I was wondering if it was possible to configure the headless server to do more than 5 autosaves and maybe also configure the time between them? Say do 24 autosaves and do one every hour or something?

I host a server and it looks like someone showed up and wrecked the factory on it, im guessing using artillery but im not sure tbh. I would like to roll back but cannot because none of the 5 autosaves go back far enough. I use the docker container if it's relevant.

P.S If anyone has any other tips about stopping griefers or making it more difficult for them feel free to let me know. I have already implemented the big ban list .json file from the Multiplayer subforum.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Headless server autosave config

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

maxp779 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm
Hi guys

I was wondering if it was possible to configure the headless server to do more than 5 autosaves and maybe also configure the time between them? Say do 24 autosaves and do one every hour or something?

P.S If anyone has any other tips about stopping griefers or making it more difficult for them feel free to let me know. I have already implemented the big ban list .json file from the Multiplayer subforum.
Editing my config file has gotten me 30 autosaves. You can find it by opening the config.ini and searching for “autosave” (it is also line 20.) As for preventing greifing, you can edit player permissions with /permissions.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

NotRexButCaesar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:54 pm
maxp779 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm
Hi guys

Editing my config file has gotten me 30 autosaves. You can find it by opening the config.ini and searching for “autosave” (it is also line 20.) As for preventing greifing, you can edit player permissions with /permissions.
Ah thanks for that, found the setting. For the docker container it's in server-settings.json.

Permissions looks like a cool feature. Any permissions in particular I should disable for a public non passworded server without crippling legit players ability to play?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

maxp779 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm

Permissions looks like a cool feature. Any permissions in particular I should disable for a public non passworded server without crippling legit players ability to play?
that's up to you. i let people walk around and see but not touch anything. no changes unless i add them to a whitelist

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

maxp779 wrote:
Ah thanks for that, found the setting. For the docker container it's in server-settings.json.

I would say least disable deconstruction and cut planners. I would also disable nukes, but I don’t remember if there is a permission for that.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

NotRexButCaesar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:16 pm
maxp779 wrote:

I would say least disable deconstruction and cut planners. I would also disable nukes, but I don’t remember if there is a permission for that.
Cool i'll do that. Just looked and someone has deconstructed the entire factory :lol: :roll:

Is there any way of telling who did what? I.e which player did a massive deconstruct, logs or something?

EDIT: Aha im assuming the last user thing on the various entities is the person who deconstructed it? Definitely seems that way.

Return to “Technical Help”