Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Kyralessa »

kovarex wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 am
This brings me to the idea, that lot of the polish in the game is fueled by our ability to be annoyed by every little detail not working right. It is a gift and a curse at the same time really.
It reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Stay unreasonable! :D

NotAlpha
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NotAlpha »

I want to talk about Wube. I have never seen a company that is that humane and that actually cares about the community, they have proven on and on that being vocal and nice to the community is the way to go, I have not had any single bad interaction with a single Wube dev and I've talked with a couple. You can honestly put it as a selling point for one of the most addicting and well crafted games on the planet, so good that it backfires and makes me not wanna launch it up because i know im going to be stuck in a loop hole expanding my factory. The people i have met through factorio are life changing and its all because of community that was taken care of by the developers. Thank you Wube Software for creating this amazing game.

Also if any of you at Wube want Swedish candy just shoot me a DM looool.

dahhakd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Thank you for the train stop limit feature!

Post by dahhakd »

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank the Factorio dev team for another amazing release.

Thanks to the new train stop's train limit feature I was able to massivery simplify the trains setup on my game. I'm posting this just to illustrate how much of a game changer it has been in one real game.

My play style is to have individual mining stations and individual space pack factories. I have a blueprint for a space factory with a fixed output and just create new copies when expanding my production. To supply this new factory I create new mining stations for the requesite materials. Previously I had to uniquely name every mining station, every factory station and then match them. Now I can just use a single name and limit the trains on both sides, then I get a single huge pretty much autonomous fleet of trains.

Before, having to uniquely name every station:

before-limit-map.png
before-limit-map.png (725.27 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
before-limit-trains.png
before-limit-trains.png (41.9 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
before-limit-stations.png
before-limit-stations.png (23.89 KiB) Viewed 7477 times

Now using a single name for several stations:

after-limit-map.png
after-limit-map.png (717.51 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
after-limit-trains.png
after-limit-trains.png (49.5 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
after-limit-stations.png
after-limit-stations.png (51.02 KiB) Viewed 7477 times

The new trains/stations interface is also very good, thanks for that!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank you Devs" thread.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ChargedShrapnel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ChargedShrapnel »

Dear Factorio Team,

I've been playing this game for eight months now, and running the latest experimental version whenever possible.

Yesterday:
I experienced my first crash/bug. It was late, and I was too tired to report and follow-up.

Today:
I woke up to an update. First item on the bugs fixed was the issue I experienced.

Conclusion:
This is the most amazing development team in the gaming world! I am so happy to have purchased this game and supported the wonderful team. Your passion for this game shows in it's limitless playability and incredible attention to detail and stability. Thank you all for all you do!

Best Regards,
ChargedShrapnel

JayS
Inserter
Inserter

Getting back into factorio

Post by JayS »

I got this game way back in December 2014 (see my profile creation date), and stopped playing it after a year or so. But recently I am really getting back into it, and all I have to say is that I love it as much as when I first played. Thank you devs for making the best game ever, and thank you community members because I think we have one of the best communities out there!
Don't look now, but there is a spider behind you.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank You" thread.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SamLL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SamLL »

Hey folks,

I'd heard about Factorio for a long time - I think maybe originally from some posts on Hacker News pointing to the Factorio Friday Facts - but I was waiting for it to be officially 1.0 before buying. I picked it up at the start of 2021, played through to first rocket launch, and really enjoyed it. Now I've been watching KatherineOfSky's "1.0 Entry to Megabase" YouTube videos and contemplating how much more there still is in the game.

What I wanted to give you the greatest compliments on, though, is your impressive software development process. I'm a professional software engineer over in the corporate world, and your team's openness, communication with customers, and transparency is really inspirational. Taking the time you have with these forums, the directness of bug reports & feature requests, and the behind-the-scenes information of the FFF, is outstanding. I have no doubt that this has been a major contributor to your success.

Congratulations, and best of luck to you in your work on the upcoming expansion pack. May the refactorings be smooth, the bugs be reproducible, and the codebase elegant.

joehalks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by joehalks »

Great game. Awesome job by the developer.

Catari64
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Catari64 »

GG

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Factorio is different to any game I played so far on so many levels - wow!

It's going round and round in my brain, even if I don't play. Need to compute ratios, need to organize myself, study the mechanics in the wiki.
I was 3 days working on an Excel spreadsheet to compute ratios required to evenly produce the science packs (probably done most often before, but had to do it myself to understand).

It is an educational game. I realized, logistics in the real world is not about just hiring drivers and send them off to transport things. It's also about managing flow of resources, and how to produce and consume the right amount of things. I now understand the meaning of some course of studies at university. I forgot the exact name, but it's about designing production processes. You have to get rid of byproducts or design a process without byproducts.
I understand now why freight trains in the real world are miles long, and passenger trains only a few wagons.
I understand now why a whole industry has to stop if some tiny precursor product is missing.
And I understand now why you have to disconnect a country-wide electricity system if there is energy shortage at some point. And why it is not so easy to to get a stopped electricity system back to work at full power.

And it's exiting. As long as you are not yet that organized like me, you realize every once in a while that all your trains are stopped, because 2 are facing each other on the same track. Or your whole 1:20:40 power plant is out of fuel, but why? You checked before and there was plenty of solid fuel and you even added another oil refinery (better compute the ratio than estimate. A full chest with overflow fuel lasts only until it is empty after a power plant upgrade).

Or you try to thread some belt across your whole factory to bring that one item over there. I have a nice spaghetti factory so far. Beyond repair.
And instead of deconstructing everything and build with a sensible design, I continue to add patches. "Just one more assembling machine", the required items are already near (near, but not here). Or "just want to design and build a clean train infrastructure before rebuild", and while I construct the tracks, power fails. Or my oil gets low and I need to connect a new oil field. Or I have to add an additional copper mine to accommodate increased demand, and the train concept has to be reworked.

Great game! I never thought such stuff can make an interesting game.
I played Rimworld before and thought Factorio is kind of similar, and it is kind of similar, but it is also completely different. It starts where Rimworld ends, because Rimworld doesn't scale after a certain point mid game.
It's even somewhat cute. The flying robots are cute. Whoever designed the sounds, great.
One of the most intelligent game I ever played. More than just time-wasting entertainment.

steve7100
Inserter
Inserter

Post by steve7100 »

I have to be honest initially I was not that interested in the game and then I saw Spidertron, it was love at first sight !!! A mechanical spider that shoots rockets & lasers ??? Yes Please :D
Funny thing in real life I hate spiders but Spidertron is the coolest vehicle I've ever seen in a video game.
Even the sound effects of it walking are perfect, those weird little burbles and whizzes.
I applaud the devs for making a free demo of the game, (Mac version too) if not for that I doubt I would have ended up purchasing the full game. This game was a welcome distraction from all the craziness of the past year. Also thank all the great mods that are out there helping keep me playing my map after launching the first rocket. I can see why this game has grown such a large community of fans.
Thank you again !!

Faraday
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Faraday »

This game was a very pleasant surprise. Those sandbox games are amazing and give wings to imagination and creativity. It is really nice to see it.
Despite having played Terraria and Minecraft in the past, Factorio is, by far, the one I liked the most. The automation process feels like a practical puzzle of finding the bottlenecks in production.
Provocative, creative, interesting, challenging, deep. I am fortunate that I gave it a try.

chovynz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chovynz »

With all the rubbish against Gamers happening lately, I just wanted to Thank you Team, for making a great game and for respecting your player-base. Thank you for the awesome Company and the awesome Community.

You guys and gals Rock.

BrainlessTeddy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BrainlessTeddy »

Thank you Wube Software for this awesome game I keep getting back to. It's just super satisfying to play this game, optimised to the last line of code. It's the best sandbox or rather toolbox I've bought.
Last edited by BrainlessTeddy on Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please consider english is not my native language.

JRTimm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JRTimm »

Hi, just want to add another huge Thank You to entire team for creating one of the best titles out there! You guys/gals rock! Cant wait for the expansion.

regards,

JRT

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Another good feature of Factorio: the volume controls.

Very few games go this far with the ability to control different audio sources to such a degree. It really hits the right spot, in those moments when you just want in peace and quiet for a while, the perfect balance of being able to play with just the most minimal sounds, letting you keep only whatever's necessary.

bluewilson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bluewilson »

And though this thank you thread should go well into 2022, as a token of our appreciation, all I can do now is push it beyond September.

Kostriktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kostriktor »

best developers ever !
thanks and God bless

Durr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Durr »

I don't know if the devs venture over to Reddit often, so I'm just going to leave this link here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ew_player/
Tired of manually backing up your saves? Check this out! -> Factorio Backup

Return to “General discussion”