Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Raumis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Raumis »

Thank you for the all the effort in putting together such a wonderful game. I also really appreciate that there is a Linux version of the game.

struppi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by struppi »

Hey guys, just played 1.0 with spidertrons and therefore I wanted to thank you for your work and love for the game!

PS: missing the FFF

sweetbeesknees
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Oh my dear god

Post by sweetbeesknees »

I am alive and this factorying masterpiece is a reason to live I just wanted to say thank you to the devs including graphic team and all supporting staff you gods among us there is too much to say for now.

I miss the old days. The colors here remind me of newgrounds. I hope it doesn't change. I used to make signatures on the board there. Anyone nostalgic?

Hope you all feel loved wish I could say more. Be excellent to each other.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank you" thread.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

A big "Thank You" to Wobe AND Factorio-Community

Post by Taneeda »

Hi there,

I just want to thank Wube for this gem of a game AND the whole community for all its creations and nice people. Its such a great feeling to me to play the game and follow the community with all its great ideas and content. Thank you all very very much, its such a great fun to me :)

tenor (1).gif
tenor (1).gif (494.61 KiB) Viewed 7027 times
Shit happens, don't worry, keep happy

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I'm merging this into the "Thank you" thread" :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

I would just like to say how much I love the little headlights on the car and the tank. 😍

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

Wait, I've got an even better one!

Just now I was stomping across the map in my Spidertron, when I realized I'd lost some construction bots.

That happens all the time, in any vehicle.

What's different in 1.1 is: I can see them! In map view, I can see their little squares very slowly inching toward me, so instead of giving them up as lost, I can go fetch them!

Thank you, devs, for saving the lives of my bots. :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Kyralessa wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:17 pm
What's different in 1.1 is: I can see them! In map view, I can see their little squares very slowly inching toward me, so instead of giving them up as lost, I can go fetch them!
Thank you, devs, for saving the lives of my bots. :D
One of the good usages, but not as useful when you can't differentiate them, so I added construction, logistics, mobile and personal robot color differentiation for the next version.

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by oleg4f »

Raumis wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:23 pm
I also really appreciate that there is a Linux version of the game.
+1 Linux version makes me very happy!

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

Thanks for making the game guys! It's the most fun/additive game for me since Starcraft 1 and Diablo II maybe 20 years ago. Those games stole my childhood, no regrets tbh. No game has gripped me like Factorio has since then, its really really fun :D It still shocks me that i've sunk maybe 300-400 hours over the past few months into this game because my start with Factorio was very rocky...

I got Factorio over 3 years ago for around £12. I gave it a try sometime in 2017 after having owned it for many months but not played it. I finally played it and decided it wasn't for me. I chopped a tree and dug up some coal, couldn't figure out what to do next. It all seemed very manual. Kinda like a 2D Minecraft, not my thing. According to steam I had spent 13 minutes playing. I tried to get a refund from steam maybe 4 or 5 times but they kept telling me because I had owned the game for x months I was not eligible. Fast forward to 2020 and a guy I know was playing it, he had sunk something like 700 hours into it. He is not a Minecraft kinda guy. So I figured wtf was I missing... I should give this another try....

I fired up Factorio again and this time I watched a short YouTube video on how to get started. I learned how to open the inventory with 'E' key (wow this was a game changer :mrgreen: ). And I laid down a mine and my furnace. I kept feeding them coal and collecting iron plates. Eventually I read that this whole thing could be automated and that's really the core idea of the game. Automation. Good. I love automation, I don't like mindless busy work. So I automated the delivery of coal to the furnaces and the mines and boom, limitless iron plates! I was 100% hooked after that. Looking up main bus design, how to do various things, etc etc. I spent an embarrassing amount of time doing things like building a huge 6 tile thick perimeter wall manually with ammo belts and turrets to keep the biters out. I "refactored" my main bus a few times, again all manually because I didn't realise robots were such a game changer. I had a lot of fun with all that and am still having fun today :D

Heres my absolute mess of a 500spm base. It was a main bus and some of it still is and its transitioning to bots and trains.

tl;dr
Thanks for making the game. It's great! Im a dumbass and probably should have went to the tutorial 3 years ago when I first tried it or watched a YouTube video :D . Hey ho, live and learn. Im having a lot of fun and in terms of fun per £ Factorio is waaaaaay up there! Amazing value.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

maxp779 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:54 pm
Nice story and cool base! Though my first thought is “only 500 spm?” It looks like it should be bigger.

As for most fun per euro, I think I’m at something like 1 or 2 ¢/hour
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:38 pm
maxp779 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:54 pm
Nice story and cool base! Though my first thought is “only 500 spm?” It looks like it should be bigger.

As for most fun per euro, I think I’m at something like 1 or 2 ¢/hour

Yeah I built a lot of this stuff before I built a rocket silo or any serious amount of labs to go with it. I only recently started to put some of the stuff produced towards lab output. My plan is to build a small science module blueprint that can do maybe 100spm? and build them around the place. After I take more territory from the biters that is. Because I doubt this heavily centralized base will scale.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

In a year full of challenges, Factorio has been a continual source of joy. Thank you all!

Wishing everyone peace, joy, and love, with best wishes for a safe and happy Christmas, and a joyous new year!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Just remember at one point factorio devs were almost about to give up on this game and just release it in mess state for free! But look at us now, building factories bigger than game can handle.

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

Aloha Devs,

I wanted to say thank you for something that seems so small. I know there are TONS of other great things, but just the simple fact that when I hit save... the game stays on the menu so you can exit. I don't realize how much I appreciate this little thing until I play on of a myriad of other games that when you save, the entire menu exits back to the game, and then in the half second that passes, hitting menu and then exit game, means there is "new" gameplay that happened, and of course... it asks you "do you want to exit, your game has not be saved!"

It is such a stupidly small thing, but the fact you think about every little interaction like this and how people play the game, all the way from pure gameplay to GUI interaction, it is what makes it so great and polished! I just wanted to let you know I notice that detail all the time!

Thank you devs!

AyleeJenn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AyleeJenn »

Hello again, dev team. I wrote to you once before when a friend of mine just got me into the game. Now that I have some experience with it I am writing to you again :D

I just read that you were close at one point to giving up and releasing the game for free in the state it was in. I want to say thank you for not giving up. Factorio is a one-of-a-kind game that will inspire, bring joy and entertain generations to come either directly or by the legacy it already created. Like other games of this time, Factorio has become a "living legend". A game that revolutionizes its surroundings simply by doing things right and giving players the ability and tools to increase the game's value with their own creativity (Mod Portal, to name just one).

Not everyone might agree with the changes you decide upon. But what people need to remember is that you (the devs) are not building the game for one person you are building a framework that is adaptable, moddable and means to provide a certain base-experience (when you play vanilla factorio) that -invites- the player to use their own creativity to increase not only the entertainment value of the game currently being played (the factory is only as good as you design it to be) but also the game as whole product (mods, improvements, etc). In other words, it is not just the game itself that gained its momentum, its the community work that is also a large contributor. And who made that possible, that the community can do this? Oh thats right. You developers made it possible. And had you dropped the game, we would not be here where we are today.

And so the living legend continues, grows (just like the factory :D) and we shall see where the road leads. Personally, I want to say thank you for all the amazing work and for keeping the game so modder friendly that the community can do just about anything with it and bring to life their creativity in the little adorable sprite based world Factorio is.

Thank you developers and have a happy new years! I hope the coming year brings a bright future for Factorio and its community!

BicycleEater
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BicycleEater »

Hi,
Just wanted to put in a more technical note of praise:
Wow is Factorio's multiplayer resilient - I made a mod to make nukes something a lot more serious (not linking as I don't want to turn this into self-promotion) but the multiplayer kept working, even when the whole game was running at a frame-every-two second crawl, it didn't desync.
I would also like to take a moment to praise the modding interface, between prototypes and scripts, almost everything is possible.
Thank you for creating such a wonderful game and community.

hale42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hale42 »

Hello all I just wanted to give the devs some well earned kudos.

When I first found factorio I thought I had a firm grasp on what was quality development and good programing from game developers. What I found in factorio was mind blowing for me.

It started with a great game and was fueled by the Friday facts, weekly updates and insights into the flow of the developmental process. Every week I looked forward to reading the next installment.

The level of not only mod support but actual integration of mods. I can't even begin to thank the developers enough for this. Which enabled the mod creators to make some of the highest polished mods I've seen on a game, kudos to the mod content creators as well.

I feel like a potato could run this game and you could get far enough into a game and still have fun. That speaks volumes about the level of optimization the game has.

In closing all I want to say is thank you for making and sharing this wonderful game with the world.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks again for all of the kind words!
psychomuffin wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:39 pm
It asks you "do you want to exit, your game has not be saved!"
Also, when the game is saved, there is a 5 second period in which the game doesn't bother you with the notice. I remember adding it specifically because I was bothered by this stupid behaviour in some different game (can't remember, but there are probably plenty). It bothered me with the save dialog when I just manually saved it 2 seconds ago.

This brings me to the idea, that lot of the polish in the game is fueled by our ability to be annoyed by every little detail not working right. It is a gift and a curse at the same time really.

Return to “General discussion”