[1.0.0] consider-tile-transitions tag not functioning as described

FlamingCarrot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.0.0] consider-tile-transitions tag not functioning as described

Post by FlamingCarrot »

Wiki describes the collision_mask tag "consider-tile-transitions" as follows: "Uses the prototypes position rather than its collision box when doing collision checks with tile prototypes. Allows the prototype to overlap colliding tiles up until its center point."

In earlier versions the tag functioned like this and allowed for the creation of shoreline-specific entities, offshore pump variants etc. In the current version, the tag has no discernible effect and entitles set to collide with ground-tile will do so no matter how large their collision box and how small the overlap.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] consider-tile-transitions tag not functioning as described

Post by Klonan »

I am afraid the wiki definition isn't correct, the position check was only for some specific cases, with cars and characters as far as I know

Moving this to wiki talk, the wiki should be corrected to reflect current in-game behavior

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] consider-tile-transitions tag not functioning as described

Post by Bilka »

Updated the wiki, "This is only respected for character movement and cars driven by players. ". I would recommend to make a modding interface request if you want this behaviour to be changed.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Requests”