[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm
I'm fine with that. As long as there's some math that I'm not misunderstanding.

Hey Bob, since robots get built so fast, can you give us an assembler that can build all four levels of robots depending on what materials are available? :D
The idea behind the frame taking so long to build, yet the robot itself being pretty much instant is... Well, the frame is the robot, you spend 20 seconds machining all the raw materials together, and building the frame.
then you spend half a second to insert the correct programming and tool.

Also keep in mind that there's all different kinds of config options, that's just the default, not all have tools, not all have brains, you can have a T2 made out of a T1, or not.

What exactly would you want this "Robot building factory" to be able to build, and what would make it special over a standard assembling machine?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Frames already take very long in vanilla compared to the bots. I think the idea was for player (/belt/train/bot) to carry the frames, and then quickly craft them into either construction or logistic robots as needed on the spot ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm
Frames already take very long in vanilla compared to the bots. I think the idea was for player (/belt/train/bot) to carry the frames, and then quickly craft them into either construction or logistic robots as needed on the spot ?
Makes sense, a lot of things have changed since I started playing though.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

Do you a general feel for when updates for 0.18 might come around? I have no idea how much work it takes. If it was going to be just a day or two, I'd live without playing (I could use some time off). If it might be a while, I'll back up to 0.17.x.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Do you a general feel for when updates for 0.18 might come around? I have no idea how much work it takes. If it was going to be just a day or two, I'd live without playing (I could use some time off). If it might be a while, I'll back up to 0.17.x.
Last I heard, there wasn't going to be a 0.18, just keep updating 0.17 with features until it's done, then call it 1.0.

I'm not going to do it right now, but I'll look into it tomorrow... considering what they were supposed to be doing (More bigger updates between the major releases, with less changing to the next big release), and the changelog mostly just listing bugfixes, hopefully, most of the mods should be able to update just by changing factorio-version to 0.18, and a few smaller tweaks.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:28 am
enchant wrote:
Last I heard, there wasn't going to be a 0.18, just keep updating 0.17 with features until it's done, then call it 1.0.

I'm not going to do it right now, but I'll look into it tomorrow... considering what they were supposed to be doing (More bigger updates between the major releases, with less changing to the next big release), and the changelog mostly just listing bugfixes, hopefully, most of the mods should be able to update just by changing factorio-version to 0.18, and a few smaller tweaks.
You might want to take a look at the lut image conversion tool that is posted in release thread. If I understand that correctly all your images might need to be run through it to match new color schema of base game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm
bobingabout wrote:
enchant wrote:

You might want to take a look at the lut image conversion tool that is posted in release thread. If I understand that correctly all your images might need to be run through it to match new color schema of base game.
I honestly have no idea what a lut is, but, this seems to be something used by the nightvision system instead of the old chroma/brightness system. Basically, when night vision turns on, everything except where light is follows the specified lut colour scheme.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm
orzelek wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm
bobingabout wrote:
enchant wrote:

I honestly have no idea what a lut is, but, this seems to be something used by the nightvision system instead of the old chroma/brightness system. Basically, when night vision turns on, everything except where light is follows the specified lut colour scheme.
Thats part of it. Other part is that it was applied to modify game graphics - we'll see with new version if modified entities look different compared to vanilla ones. I think thats why tool is provided that you can run on modded graphics to apply similar modifications.

Return to “Bob's mods”