Bob did a Youtube.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob did a Youtube.

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:54 am
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs01hRexzyU

Something about science.
You forgot one long handed inserter for the red science assembler. :)
Yes. I noticed while I was editing it, I also forgot to save so... can't really go back and do anything about it unless I start over. I thought it was good enough for the purposes of a tutorial.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Personally I place power poles between assemblers. Pole, assembler, assembler, pole, assembler, assembler, pole, assembler, assembler, pole. Reduces the needed power poles by a factor of 2. Doesn't always work (can only power 4 inserters per assembler) but I think the saving in wood and copper is worth it at the start.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Personally I place power poles between assemblers. Pole, assembler, assembler, pole, assembler, assembler, pole, assembler, assembler, pole. Reduces the needed power poles by a factor of 2. Doesn't always work (can only power 4 inserters per assembler) but I think the saving in wood and copper is worth it at the start.
I guess that works, but then you're forced to have the space if you want it or not, while the space between inserters already exists. So the question then becomes, what's more valuable, the space, or the pole?
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:38 pm
mrvn wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 pm
I guess that works, but then you're forced to have the space if you want it or not, while the space between inserters already exists. So the question then becomes, what's more valuable, the space, or the pole?
Indeed. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Probably the most important one for a lot of people: How to guide to Bob's adjustable inserters mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu9LmpZaVPg
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Not first this time. :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:55 am

Not first this time. :(
Oh well. I hope it was informative at least.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Nice, after a bumpy start, I think that's the way to go. Giving insight to special parts of your mod, is something, at least speaking for myself, I really like to watch.
Could even learn something from your latest inserter-video (never use the middle position for the offset, otherwise it can get stuck).

So thanks for doing the vids and have fun doing more for us. :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

fishycat wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:18 pm
Nice, after a bumpy start, I think that's the way to go. Giving insight to special parts of your mod, is something, at least speaking for myself, I really like to watch.
Could even learn something from your latest inserter-video (never use the middle position for the offset, otherwise it can get stuck).

So thanks for doing the vids and have fun doing more for us. :D
Something I didn't say, put a sideways tilt on it for pretty much any reason, and it can actually reduce swing times, because it has that slight bit less to move. Right angle inserters even more so.

But yes, that's a pretty thorough walk through of the inserters mod, and I'm wondering where best to go from here.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 am
Something I didn't say, put a sideways tilt on it for pretty much any reason, and it can actually reduce swing times, because it has that slight bit less to move. Right angle inserters even more so.
That's a good one, too. Saw that in some Let's Play or so.
bobingabout wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 am
But yes, that's a pretty thorough walk through of the inserters mod, and I'm wondering where best to go from here.
Maybe wait for 0.17 and after the massive updates for all your mods, then with a more free mind and all the new stuff it will be easier to guide new and also already experienced bobbers through your mods with hints and tricks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I also have a Patreon.

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

wow you play so differ them me i go for a lot burning mining drill like 4 on coal 5 on iron 4 on copper 2 on stone then right to main bus or if need some mining drill regulr feed stone furnce if i need more before main smelter

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mmppolton wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:13 am
wow you play so differ them me i go for a lot burning mining drill like 4 on coal 5 on iron 4 on copper 2 on stone then right to main bus or if need some mining drill regulr feed stone furnce if i need more before main smelter
I have played a longer burner phase before, but I usually feel that it's better to just push for electric power.
I also have a Patreon.

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

that is what i like about the game so many way to do it i did went for some of the mining drill to stone furnce just doint like hand craft all the chip for the mining drill i end up with 16 burning mining drill

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:35 pm
mmppolton wrote:
I have played a longer burner phase before, but I usually feel that it's better to just push for electric power.
how quicly do you go for module regular game they cost a lot in bob they doint seem otcost a lot once you ge then set up

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mmppolton wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:42 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:35 pm
mmppolton wrote:
how quicly do you go for module regular game they cost a lot in bob they doint seem otcost a lot once you ge then set up
keep in mind I don't actually play the game for playing the game's sake that often. most of what I do is testing, and if I do "Play", it's usually in an old endgame save.
so, I don't recall ever reaching a point when attempting to play from the beginning where I've gone purposely for modules except for my really early vanilla games.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

i just saw the videos, cool i always knew bobing about was from the uk too, maybe up north, yorkshire/sheffield?
thanks for your mods, AngelBobYuoki was my fav game + later a Pycoal mods game :)
fair-doo's :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Bob's mods”