New translation project! Help needed.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

sraw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New translation project! Help needed.

Post by sraw »

Hi everyone, I've created a new project to translate bob's mod: https://github.com/Sraw/modslocale As the old one has stopped updating for 4 months.

I've already finished the translation of my language. And I will keep maintaining this project. But currently it still needs other translations, please feel free to contribute :)

Please see the Contribution section to learn how to contribute. I've extracted every field needed to translate into a single file and merged every the same string through all mods. So you only need to translate that single file :)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New translation project! Help needed.

Post by slippycheeze »

In past experience, if Bob is willing to merge your translations into their mod, it'll get way more contributions from people.

I'd recommend contributions through a web based system, since that also makes it accessible to more people, but YMMV, and so may Bob's.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

slippycheeze wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:21 pm
In past experience, if Bob is willing to merge your translations into their mod, it'll get way more contributions from people.

I'd recommend contributions through a web based system, since that also makes it accessible to more people, but YMMV, and so may Bob's.
it wasn't my mod, it was someone elses.

To be fair, you could just pull the translations from the old locale mod and use that as a starting point?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:35 pm
slippycheeze wrote:

it wasn't my mod, it was someone elses.
Yah, I meant "ask Bob to merge the translations into their mod first", and tried (poorly?) to suggest the OP talk to you about that. I wasn't planning to because hashtag lazy or something. :)

sraw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sraw »

slippycheeze wrote:

Hi, it is actually somehow a web-based system as you only need to edit one single file and you can directly edit that file through Github.

Btw long time ago bob has said that extracting all translations to a separated mod is a good idea :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yes, which is why this mod exists.

but it isn't my mod, it's Karosieben's mod, and he hasn't updated it since 0.17 launch.

I've done a lot of modding since then.

But yeah, it's okay by me if you were to just import the entire mod as a starting point.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yes, which is why this mod exists. viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17367

but it isn't my mod, it's Karosieben's mod, and he hasn't updated it since 0.17 launch.

I've done a lot of modding since then.

But yeah, it's okay by me if you were to just import the entire mod as a starting point.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”