[1.0.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.0.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Well, this is still basically just 0.18, but... it's also not 0.18, so, I'm starting a new discussion anyway.

I've already released version 1.0 of the Library and Classes. more to come soon.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mohreb
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mohreb »

Bob, first of all,
Thank you for all thease years of super modding !
Only one question comes to my mind for 1.0 Bob,
Will there be different level of spidertrons ( MK1-3 as with trains for example)?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mohreb wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:51 pm
Bob, first of all,
Thank you for all thease years of super modding !
Only one question comes to my mind for 1.0 Bob,
Will there be different level of spidertrons ( MK1-3 as with trains for example)?
not out of the gate. It turns out I have a fair bit to do today, so 1.0 versions of the mod will probably be held back until tomorrow, or monday.
But, since Spidertron was basically a surprise for 1.0, I haven't planned to do anything with it, yet. But just because I release a 1.0 of my mods, doesn't mean I'm going to stop working on them entirely.
I also have a Patreon.

mohreb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mohreb »

Great and really fast reaction Bob,
Can someone tell if a mod update can be made during play?
(so to wait or not to wait, that is the question?)
As i do not advance fast, it would be out of reach anyway for a while.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mohreb wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:58 pm
Great and really fast reaction Bob,
Can someone tell if a mod update can be made during play?
(so to wait or not to wait, that is the question?)
As i do not advance fast, it would be out of reach anyway for a while.
If a mod updates with changes, you simply just need to update the mod, then load the savegame again. Things like Relay may be deleted, but otherwise the game continues just as before, with the mod's changes in effect.

I mean, that's not 100% the case, because migration scripts may be required for some features, but for the most part, bob's mods accounts for that.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, 15 of 19 mods are released, the other 4 don't need updates, so, I'll update them to 1.0 later.

Code: Select all

Library 1.0.0:
Added function bobmods.lib.recipe.clear_ingredients(recipe) that deletes all incredients from a recipe
Added function bobmods.lib.recipe.add_ingredients(recipe, ingredients) that adds multiple ingredients to a recipe with a single instruction
Added function bobmods.lib.recipe.set_ingredients(recipe, ingredients), which calls the clear then add to change the recipe to the specified array of ingredients.
Streamlined function bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient(recipe, old, new) a bit to remove some of the duplicated code.
Added function bobmods.lib.tech.clear_science_packs(technology) which deletes all science packs from a technology
Added function bobmods.lib.tech.add_science_packs(technology, science_packs) which adds multiple science packs to a technology with a single instruction
Added function bobmods.lib.tech.set_science_packs(technology, science_packs), which calls the clear then add to change the science packs to the specified array.

Assembly 1.0.0:
Added a check if data.raw.furnace["electric-furnace"] exists to the extra electric furnaces files.
Added an ingredient limit option to burner and steam assembling machines.
Check to make sure fluid-mixing/chemical-furnace exists before trying to add an ingredient limit to them.

Classes 1.0.0:
Changed charactor entity creation to add "smelting" to crafting_categories of miner classes instead of setting the value.
Added a check to open Class Select on cutscene end, due to 1.0 adding an opening cutscene on new game.

Clock 1.0.0:
Added time rounding for day transition readouts

Electronics 1.0.0:
Deleted redundant data-final-fixes.lua file.
Updated my oil processing recipe icon

Equipment 1.0.0:
Fixed icon mipmap log error messages

Logistics 1.0.0:
Replaced a require (pump tank connection graphics) with a table.deepcopy off the original.
Makes use of new library function bobmods.lib.recipe.set_ingredients if it exists (difficulty-split safe version) for the roboport and construction/logistic robot recipes.
Updated logistics technology icons to match new base game.

Mining 1.0.0:
Updated mod icon.

Modules 1.0.0:
Renamed (In locale only) Raw speed and Raw productivity modules to Pure speed and Pure productivity.
Perform +0.001 on every stat calculation to prevent rounding down issues.
Swaped colours around for productivity with raw productivity, and green with efficiency.
Productivity is now Red.
Pure Productivity is now Purple.
Green is now Green.
Efficiency is now Yellow.

Ores 1.0.0:
Updated mod icon.

MCI 1.0.0:
Fixed some replace errors in entity-recipe-updates
Fixed battry recipe tint.
Added a Deuterium Fuel cell 2 that costs extra ingredients and lasts longer.

Power 1.0.0:
Revert nuclear power technology icon if steam overhaul is enabled (as the new icon depicts heat exchangers and steam turbines that won't be unlocked on it)

Tech 1.0.0:
Fixed Burner lab entity icon.

Vehicle Equipment 1.0.0:
Changed Spidertron equipment grid to use vehicle equipment.
Added "spidertron" category to Speed equipment and Roboports (they don't use the generic "vehicle" group, because speed equipment doesn't work on thanks that can't move itself, and roboports don't work in things without an inventory)

Warfare 1.0.0
Add Poison, Plasma and Pierce resistances to Spidertron.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MCI 1.0.1:
Fixed Blue Deuterium based issues

Revamp 1.0.0:
The nuclear overhaul moves Deuterium fuel cell 2 to after Deuterium nuclear power instead of deuterium processing.

Also re-released the other mods as 1.0
I also have a Patreon.

Zoocrewus97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zoocrewus97 »

Hm, with the spidertron being a suprise. I really hope you do put more tiers of it. I find the normal one just kinda slow and the lack of other weapons kinda sucks. Could really treat it like the tank, adding weapons from the mod and making the weapons better with a larger grid. I'm kinda wanting to do a bobs/angel run and more spidertron tiers will definitely make me want to do it. If you do end up doing them how long does that take? I'm wondering if I'll be done by the time they would possibly be in the mod

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I released an update for Revamp to fix some issues with the Deuterium fuel cell 2, and apparently broke the in game changelog as a result.
I'm not going to release another version just to fix the change log though...
Zoocrewus97 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:51 am
Hm, with the spidertron being a suprise. I really hope you do put more tiers of it. I find the normal one just kinda slow and the lack of other weapons kinda sucks. Could really treat it like the tank, adding weapons from the mod and making the weapons better with a larger grid. I'm kinda wanting to do a bobs/angel run and more spidertron tiers will definitely make me want to do it. If you do end up doing them how long does that take? I'm wondering if I'll be done by the time they would possibly be in the mod
I don't plan to just add higher tier spidertrons for the sake of it, they are already pretty powerful, especially when they just work without a fuel source. Lower tiers of spidertron would be more likely than higher ones.
I am however open to ideas about what I could do with a spidertron, one of the things I was thinking about was just making a clone with different weapons.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:23 pm
I am however open to ideas about what I could do with a spidertron, one of the things I was thinking about was just making a clone with different weapons.
Noice. Spidertrons with weaponry from Bob's Warfare! :D The biters shall tremble!

Zoocrewus97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zoocrewus97 »

Surprisingly I'm kinda annoyed they don't use fuel, I would rather they do so they could get the movement bonus from it. If that's possible to do it would be nice since if I remember your mod adds higher tier fuel for vehicles. I guess they are pretty strong, I just find them slow even with like 3 exoskeletons, I can travel faster than it with just a road. I guess my hope with higher tiers is really so I could have one that's fast for getting around and one for fighting in. That and whether people have really thought about it or not you can rapid fight atomic bombs out of it since it is a rocket launcher. I think a higher tier spidertron would very funny to see with it moving quickly and launching bombs

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zoocrewus97 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:41 pm
Surprisingly I'm kinda annoyed they don't use fuel, I would rather they do so they could get the movement bonus from it. If that's possible to do it would be nice since if I remember your mod adds higher tier fuel for vehicles. I guess they are pretty strong, I just find them slow even with like 3 exoskeletons, I can travel faster than it with just a road. I guess my hope with higher tiers is really so I could have one that's fast for getting around and one for fighting in. That and whether people have really thought about it or not you can rapid fight atomic bombs out of it since it is a rocket launcher. I think a higher tier spidertron would very funny to see with it moving quickly and launching bombs
Changing the original to use a fuel is actually possible. I don't know if the bonus would apply to it though.
I also have a Patreon.

Glima
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Glima »

I just got to the point where i got enough uranium ore to start thinking about going nuclear.

i just realized the kovarex process research does not unlock any recipe, is this intended?

thanks in advance

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Glima wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:11 pm
I just got to the point where i got enough uranium ore to start thinking about going nuclear.

i just realized the kovarex process research does not unlock any recipe, is this intended?

thanks in advance
... it should unlock things, especially the Korvarex process, are you sure it isn't other mods removing it?
I also have a Patreon.

Glima
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Glima »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm
Glima wrote:

thanks in advance
... it should unlock things, especially the Korvarex process, are you sure it isn't other mods removing it?
Im running bobs angels, nothing too weird i guess.

also theres seem to be more ppl with the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ex_recipe/
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... arex_gone/

Thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Glima wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:22 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm
Glima wrote:

thanks in advance
Im running bobs angels, nothing too weird i guess.

also theres seem to be more ppl with the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ex_recipe/
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... arex_gone/

Thanks
I don't want to point fingers, but it is probably Angel's mods doing it. Some people just don't like the process, so a modder who dislikes it may be inclined to remove it.
It's not my style to do that though, if I were going to remove it, I'd put it as an option in the settings.
I also have a Patreon.

mgla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mgla »

I am thinking about adding bobs enemies to an existing game with most angels + bobs mods. The game has ressource spawner overhaul and regular factorio spawning options enabled, and no angels exploration. I really would like to have more challenging enemies, but I would like to add it without the artifacts spawning.

Is that possible, or will it break my existing game?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mgla wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 am
I am thinking about adding bobs enemies to an existing game with most angels + bobs mods. The game has ressource spawner overhaul and regular factorio spawning options enabled, and no angels exploration. I really would like to have more challenging enemies, but I would like to add it without the artifacts spawning.

I think it should work for enemies - just disable artifacts in the mod settings.
You won't get full benefit from start - new spawners will only spawn in newly discovered areas. New biters from standard spawners should work without problems.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mgla wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 am

Should be fine. Having artifacts will change some recipes if you don't disable them, but I'd recommend leaving it on.

New nests will only show up when you explore further, or if the Evolution factor is high enough when enemies expand.
I also have a Patreon.

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

Not sure if this should go here or if it's more of a general modding question but.
does mod order matter for duplicate files entities.

I am attempting to "tone down" the insane plasma weapons on turrets and vehicles.
I notice both, Bobs warfare and bobs vehicle equipment has a projectiles.lua with

Code: Select all

type = "projectile",
    name = "bob-plasma-projectile",
identical stats / name. Does each mod have it's own identical version of this projectile that only effects that mod. or do mods load up in a certain order and this file is a duplicate for when the mods are loaded up "stand alone".

eg if I change ' amount = 25, type = "plasma" ' in bobs warfare, will this effect vehicle plasma damage..

Return to “Bob's mods”