[1.0] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0] bugs and balance issues.

Post by moon69 »

Thanks Bob for your mods to date... I do hope you return to "active status" at some stage.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I know what you're trying to describe.
It seems odd that the catalyst doesn't appear in the statistics screen... I do understand Why that might be the case, but not sure if I can do anything about it.
In the game, it's used where the input gives THE SAME output, On the Kovarex process. what goes in that also comes out is set as a catalyst so that those products don't appear on the statistics as something being created.

I'm using the same tag for something different, the product isn't something that goes in and comes back out, but only a Byproduct that comes out, and I'm using the catalyst tag to force it to not also be produced on the productivity run.
Ah, Kovarex process is a good sample of catalyst. I verified statistics showing in sandbox.
I understand both Bob and developers doing, and it is hard to solve in Bob's mods.
Thank you, this is not a critical issue, I'm fine , but it is better if developers solve this issue.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Hi, don't you answer something to me?
If no, this is a incompleteness of Bob's mods, I will use 3rd party mod to dispose of junk but I think it is not cool.

viewtopic.php?p=514448#p514448

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

spiral_power wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:52 am
Hi, don't you answer something to me?
If no, this is a incompleteness of Bob's mods, I will use 3rd party mod to dispose of junk but I think it is not cool.

viewtopic.php?p=514448#p514448
I'm not actively modding right now, so, that might be why I've not done anything about it, but I did take note to look into some of what you were talking about there.

My apologies if I didn't post a response.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by embermctillhawk »

I have found a mod incompatibility.

RitnLib breaks bob ore generation. Worldgen simply does not create any bob ore patches.

There doesn't seem to be anything interesting at all in the factorio log but I'll include it for completeness.

I'll go digging to see if I can find anything in that mod.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I'm not actively modding right now, so, that might be why I've not done anything about it, but I did take note to look into some of what you were talking about there.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that there has been no change in this for a while, I use flare stack mod to dispose uranium-235 for a while.

D-Duff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by D-Duff »

While building a megabase Seablock, I came across an odd behavior where my factories were producing too many items compared to the resources they consumed.

I did a few experiments, and it seems I stumbled on the issue where mixing production modules with too many speed modules causes problems.

For example: Creating gears from 200 iron plates with 6 Prod-3 modules & 12 Speed-3 modules through beacons leads to the expected 172 gears. (100 gears + 72% production bonus )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDOVTx ... sp=sharing

However, if I boost the number of Speed-3 modules to 108, 200 iron plates will yield 418 gears; a production bonus of +318%

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ahkwbs ... sp=sharing

My goal was to use as few factories as possible to improve UPS. My current layout has about 30 beacons affecting each factory. Finding all the factories that are impacted by this glitch would be quite tedious. Is there a way to either fix or prevent this ?

Version in use :
Factorio : 1.0.0
Seablock : 0.4.8
Bob : 1.0.0

Disclaimer : This is my 3rd playthrough that includes Bob's mod. Love the mod, long time fan !

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

However, if I boost the number of Speed-3 modules to 108, 200 iron plates will yield 418 gears; a production bonus of +318%
I don't test your save yet, but may be it is a production bonus issue ( an old issue ) of core game engine, not Bob's issue. It also happen in Krastorio2, not in vanilla because beacons/modules aren't too strong.
If you don't want to do cheat, speed should not exceed 1 recipe / tick. If gear recipe time is 0.5 second, speed should be less than 30.
If speed is exceed, consumption does 1 time / tick ( decrease ) but production does showed number.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

D-Duff wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:45 pm
I did a few experiments, and it seems I stumbled on the issue where mixing production modules with too many speed modules causes problems.
Yes, a game engine issue. Everything is calculated on a tick per tick bases, and you can only ever have 2 production runs complete per tick (one for normal production, 1 for productivity)
if productivity or speed goes beyond 1 per tick, things break.

Although this is a base game issue, I do kinda give you the tools to break it easier, with faster machines with more beacon slots, the higher bonuses on modules, and beacons with a much larger radius and more slots.
I also have a Patreon.

D-Duff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by D-Duff »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 am
Yes, a game engine issue. Everything is calculated on a tick per tick bases, and you can only ever have 2 production runs complete per tick (one for normal production, 1 for productivity)
if productivity or speed goes beyond 1 per tick, things break.

Although this is a base game issue, I do kinda give you the tools to break it easier, with faster machines with more beacon slots, the higher bonuses on modules, and beacons with a much larger radius and more slots.
This is what I feared. I like to do a lot of direct insertion in my base for speed/UPS, it's not really possible to directly insert from one machine with 30 beacons to one that has fewer than 10. Something I could do for now is cook up a mod that will tweak all the recipes that take less than 2 second to finish. Pretty much all the Angel coil to plate recipes are 0.5 seconds, I could 5x their inputs, outputs & time and the problem will go away. In theory, the base game could perform auto-scaling of recipes to prevent this issue.

Thanks for the really fast response !

DarvinPavel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DarvinPavel »

There is no way to create a "reservoir", because it contains a "small inline storage tank " in the recipe, and its drawing is missing. How can I solve this problem? There is also no drawing for "electrolyzer".

PS: Sorry for the big pictures, I can't put them in the spoiler.
Attachments
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_29.jpg
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_29.jpg (65.77 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_52.jpg
Screenshot - 08.11.2020 , 13_17_52.jpg (57.44 KiB) Viewed 6358 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DarvinPavel wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:29 am
There is no way to create a "reservoir", because it contains a "small inline storage tank " in the recipe, and its drawing is missing. How can I solve this problem? There is also no drawing for "electrolyzer".

PS: Sorry for the big pictures, I can't put them in the spoiler.
Going by the pictures, I'd say it's an Angels mods based issue.
The Electrolyser and Small inline storage tank would be in the Productions section (Picture of an assembling machine, second button) and the small tank might be in the logistics tab (first button)
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

For the record: the issue mentioned above was not caused by Angel's mods, but by DarkShadow44's fork of PyCoalTbaA.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:34 pm
For the record: the issue mentioned above was not caused by Angel's mods, but by DarkShadow44's fork of PyCoalTbaA.
typical "Too many mods" problems.
I also have a Patreon.

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

I am not sure if this is the best place to post it, or if this is 1.0 specific, but I noticed something about the belts:

basic transport belt is really shaky because of the limited animation frames. The basic transport belt doesn't look smooth because it shifts the sub-pixel alignment of all the elements of the belt. This is especially annoying when you stand on it because the arrow seems to move left/right every other animation frame. This makes it look stuttery.

I attached a clip of basic belts vs normal belts on how smooth they are when you stand on them.
Because of the compression it isnt that clear, but you can see that the subpixel positioning of the basic belt switches a lot more then the normal belt. Without compression this results in a very stutter belt especially when you stand on it. (because we expect the belt to not move relative to us, but it appears to do so.)
Attachments
belt.webm
(14.66 MiB) Downloaded 132 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

theMightyMan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:22 pm
I am not sure if this is the best place to post it, or if this is 1.0 specific, but I noticed something about the belts:

basic transport belt is really shaky because of the limited animation frames. The basic transport belt doesn't look smooth because it shifts the sub-pixel alignment of all the elements of the belt. This is especially annoying when you stand on it because the arrow seems to move left/right every other animation frame. This makes it look stuttery.

I attached a clip of basic belts vs normal belts on how smooth they are when you stand on them.
Because of the compression it isnt that clear, but you can see that the subpixel positioning of the basic belt switches a lot more then the normal belt. Without compression this results in a very stutter belt especially when you stand on it. (because we expect the belt to not move relative to us, but it appears to do so.)
In your clip, you see that the last mod to touch the basic transport belt is in fact Kirazy's Reskin mod. This fact might be of relevance.

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

I was pretty sure the reskin was mostly just a "select colour, replace" mod, but I checked to be sure and without reskin mod it is still the same

veriszg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

bob enemies vs rampant

Post by veriszg »

enabling colored artifacts
in bob's enemies mod
causes rampant mod to crash during game start
Attachments
2020-11-18 20.35.50.png
2020-11-18 20.35.50.png (11.97 KiB) Viewed 6146 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: bob enemies vs rampant

Post by valneq »

veriszg wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:49 pm
enabling colored artifacts
in bob's enemies mod
causes rampant mod to crash during game start
Why not report it to Rampant mod authors, then? Bob's mods work fine with these settings.

factorioplayer16
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factorioplayer16 »

It seems like there is a bug with electronic circuit boards and circuit boards when using the logistics network. The logistics network sees all circuit boards as electronic circuit boards.

Return to “Bob's mods”